meat overload

Shannon KR

On day 8, and not used to so much meat. i made sweet potato soup for one meal, lots of sweet potatoes, did brussels sprouts and broccoli, and salad for lunch with chicken, and tuna. avocado, etc. 'm already sick of eggs, and it is getting expensive. It's hard as before this, I ate a lot of things like turkey for tacos, pasta, rice, tuna bunstead, chicken fajitas, pizza, etc. hardly any home cooked meat, I just don't have a huge appetite for it, unless it's out somewhere fast food burgers. I never ate pork, or steak, or brisket, any of that. So, it's hard to think about eating it so much, just getting kind of grossed out. I need some help I think. Variations of vegetables, maybe? not sure. I did buy some frozen shrimp, but again, hardly ever ate fish either before. 

I haven't started yet but am getting prepared. 

What other sources of protein are Whole30 compliant besides meat and eggs?  And is there a compliant Protein powder by chance?  (sometimes I like to drink my breakfast - fruit, greens, coconut water, spirulina, etc - good stuff but I typically add some non-whey protein powder.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Deed said:

I haven't started yet but am getting prepared. 

What other sources of protein are Whole30 compliant besides meat and eggs?  And is there a compliant Protein powder by chance?  (sometimes I like to drink my breakfast - fruit, greens, coconut water, spirulina, etc - good stuff but I typically add some non-whey protein powder.

I would encourage you to read through the rules and recommendations (posted in my signature below).  Smoothies are discouraged and if you chose to go ahead and do smoothies, you'd need to find something like egg white protein (which I've heard is ghastly) or something that is compliant but we don't make reccommendations for brands or types because they're not in the spirit of the whole30.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
28 minutes ago, HMH said:

What about if they are just a snack, like compliant unsweet almond milk, canned pumpkin, half of an apple, chia seeds, cinnamon and Nutmeg?

Smoothies are always discouraged.  If you need to eat between meals, eat protein and fat... say a hard boiled egg and a dollop of mayo or some leftover chicken and guacamole. 

Archived