Whole 30 Thanksgiving

lbrabbin

I went to a friends house where several other friends and their families gathered. They are all fairly paleo with mindful off roading. We had a perfect Whole30 meal. They did have wine which I declined. I was quite happy drinking my San Pelligrino Sassy Water. Here's the funny part. The only full blown Whole 30 person (me) always makes 2 pecan pies and pumpkin mousse. At everyone's request, I made them. I didn't touch one bite. Quite the challenge. The stuffing was dried and fresh mushrooms with sausage, mac nuts and lots of fresh herbs. Delish. All in all a successful w30 Thanksgiving. :)

Aside from the wine, and a spoonful of honey in my homemade cranberry sauce, my whole thanksgiving meal was almost fully whole30 compliant. A friend of mine with gestational diabetes asked me to help her create a holiday meal that she could enjoy without blowing her blood sugar through the roof. We had mashed sweet potatoes, carrot soufle, green beens in a coconut almond sauce, root veggies, cauliflower and mushroom 'faux-sotto', brussel sprouts, and of course turkey with a red wine reduction giblet gravy. Her blood sugar topped off at 123 post meal, well within her allowed range and down from the scary numbers she was seeing a couple weeks ago. It felt wonderful to be able to indulge in everything on the table, know it was all nourishing, and leave the table full but not overstuffed and sick! No one even needed a post meal nap :)

Slw600, I love sassy water! I accidentally made it with cilantro the other day, and it was actually good.

Starfish, I have picked up many crackers and almost eaten them before I realize I what I am doing. It's so habit.

Ibrabbin, I make it with cilantro often on purpose. :) I think I prefer it over mint.

Archived