My basic Mayo is yellow, is that ok?

Anakfrags

• Moderators

If it tastes good to you, I wouldn't worry about it. You can try changing the mustard you use -- some recipes use dry mustard powder instead of prepared mustard, or try whatever kind of mustard you like that is compliant, or leave the mustard out completely and use other seasonings instead. This recipe lists several possible variations you could try:   Ifhttp://thehealthyfoodie.com/fail-proof-home-made-paleo-mayo-whole30-compliant/

if you're using light tasting olive oil, it usually doesn't make mayo yellow that I've noticed, but yours might be a deeper color. If you wanted to change up the oil, you could use avocado oil, macadamia nut oil, or a combination of oils. 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Anakfrags said:

I’ve only made two batches of basic Mayo, but both times I get a really yellow result. 

Is it my mustard? Are there specific brands anyone is using? Or maybe it’s my olive oil?

Idk.... help?

The yellower the egg yolk, the yellower the mayo... I once had to borrow an egg from a neighbor and where I normally get farm fresh eggs with very yellow yolks, the egg they gave me was some sort of store bought egg and I was shocked how WHITE the mayo turned out... 

Archived