10/16 Start date

PrincessNatkins

Today is Day One for myself, my girlfriend and my very unenthusiastic husband.  I was hoping to see someone on here that was also starting today.  Let's stay in touch.  I really want to be successful and I am looking forward to feeling great.  My week-end my super busy and I did not shop a lot so I have to do that tonight.  I have compliant food for today.  I really want my husband to complete the Whole 30 but I just know he won't.  :(  

10 hours ago, kimbah said:

Today is Day One for myself, my girlfriend and my very unenthusiastic husband.  I was hoping to see someone on here that was also starting today.  Let's stay in touch.  I really want to be successful and I am looking forward to feeling great.  My week-end my super busy and I did not shop a lot so I have to do that tonight.  I have compliant food for today.  I really want my husband to complete the Whole 30 but I just know he won't.  :(  

I made it through Day 1 - grilled pork chops and salad for dinner.  I shopped for the week so I feel much better about moving forward.  I messed up the mayo (not sure what happened) so I will make it again tomorrow.

Last night was a tricky one for me. Not only did I have to make dinner for my boyfriend and myself but I had to make and pack up 3 days worth of food for us. I am a flight attendant and I left early this morning for a 3 day trip! Didn’t think I was going to get it all to fit, but I’m on the road and the food is stuffed between 2 lunch bags! 

518E58CF-C4C3-4A78-BFB9-478754C92350.jpeg

I started yesterday 10/16, second time around. Last time was about the same time last year! After day 3 I had such great energy and felt so good, I feel a bit more prepared, and am looking forward to feeling that way again. Best to everyone!

Day Two is near completion Oct 16 gang.  So far, so good.  This morning I was up super early so I clarified butter and got a large pot boiling with bone broth.  Tonight, I made the beef and sweet potato chilli - super yummy.  My husband is doing great so far and so is my friend.  I am excited about moving forward.  I really, really, really want to be successful.
@Judip - how did you do the first time around?

@PrincessNatkins - Wow!  Good job preparing for 3 days.  Good luck on your travels.  I have a home office so I am a little more flexible.

9 hours ago, Les Wizerables said:

My wife and I started yesterday.  So far so good, but I expect it to be much harder as we get further from the weekend when we have the time to prepare elaborate meals from scratch.

It is hard when time is short.  I sometimes get a roasted chicken and a ready made salad or frozen veggies for a quick compliant meal.

There's a couple of 10/16 start date threads. Hopefully we all join into one! This one had the most replies/people, so I'm posting here.

This is  my third round. First one was last year, and I ate pretty well for much of the time afterward. I kept the weight off (I lost 30 lbs over 80 days on Whole30) and it took a long time for any issues to crop back up. So I went back to Whole30 in August. On day 31, I went TOTALLY off the rails. I tried to clean up a bit and do some reintroductions, but it wasn't happening. So I'm back to the full plan. I started earlier, sometime last week. But I'm not sure what day. My plan was to start on the 16th (and in the meantime, eat non-compliant foods/leftovers to get rid of them). But I found myself eating fully compliant maybe 5 days before my official start. But I'm starting the timer on 16th. :)

So it's Day 4. I won't be following the timeline since I not only just finished another round but also started eating compliant early. I *think* I should be in the nap phase but I'm guessing that since I was only off plan for about 3 weeks, I'm going to have lesser symptoms. Nap phase hits me HARD usually! :o

How's everyone else doing?

7 hours ago, madness said:

There's a couple of 10/16 start date threads. Hopefully we all join into one! This one had the most replies/people, so I'm posting here.

This is  my third round. First one was last year, and I ate pretty well for much of the time afterward. I kept the weight off (I lost 30 lbs over 80 days on Whole30) and it took a long time for any issues to crop back up. So I went back to Whole30 in August. On day 31, I went TOTALLY off the rails. I tried to clean up a bit and do some reintroductions, but it wasn't happening. So I'm back to the full plan. I started earlier, sometime last week. But I'm not sure what day. My plan was to start on the 16th (and in the meantime, eat non-compliant foods/leftovers to get rid of them). But I found myself eating fully compliant maybe 5 days before my official start. But I'm starting the timer on 16th. :)

So it's Day 4. I won't be following the timeline since I not only just finished another round but also started eating compliant early. I *think* I should be in the nap phase but I'm guessing that since I was only off plan for about 3 weeks, I'm going to have lesser symptoms. Nap phase hits me HARD usually! :o

How's everyone else doing?

Day #4 over here too.  Going strong so far.  I am yawning right now but I was up early and started back at the gym this week so I can't say it is all Whole 30 but I am sure it is contributing.   I am not sure if I am using this forum correctly lol.  I also want to say Congrats on your weight loss.  That's awesome.

Hey, glad to have you join us! I was reading the book For about 2 weeks before my official start date on the 16th which started making me aware of what I was buying/ eating/ getting rid of in my House. But the week before I started watching YouTube videos and ended up making a lot of the whole 30 dinners  just cause they looked good and we’re easy to make.

Like you I’m on day #4 and I didn’t really have a kill all the things day. I think I skipped right to nap phase. However, I am also a flight attendant and have been working really weird hours so that could have a lot to do with it. I did leave on this 3 day trip completely prepared for all my meals. I even had a plan for my boyfriend to put the brisket in the crockpot this morning. ALLLLLLL DAY I have been dreaming about how yummy my house probably smells. Well unfortunatly, I got stuck in San Fransisco with out a pre-preped meal and just an apple, orange and RX BARS in Munce lunch bag. 

No time like the present to dine out whole 30 style.... I ended up getting my hotel to make salmon and steamed veggies using only olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon. (Honestly, it was nice to have someone else make my dinner)

Other than that I feel like I’m doing pretty well, and I hope you all are too!

I am VLOGing my experience and will start posting those videos soon, but I’m also posting short videos and all my meals in My instagram story. If you are interested come on over and check them out @PrincessNatkins

Have a great evening everyone!!! @PrincessNatkins

On 10/17/2017 at 6:14 PM, kimbah said:

Day Two is near completion Oct 16 gang.  So far, so good.  This morning I was up super early so I clarified butter and got a large pot boiling with bone broth.  Tonight, I made the beef and sweet potato chilli - super yummy.  My husband is doing great so far and so is my friend.  I am excited about moving forward.  I really, really, really want to be successful.
@Judip - how did you do the first time around?

@PrincessNatkins - Wow!  Good job preparing for 3 days.  Good luck on your travels.  I have a home office so I am a little more flexible.

How was that chili? Do you ned to bone broth to make the beef and potato chili?

On 10/19/2017 at 10:43 PM, PrincessNatkins said:

Hey, glad to have you join us! I was reading the book For about 2 weeks before my official start date on the 16th which started making me aware of what I was buying/ eating/ getting rid of in my House. But the week before I started watching YouTube videos and ended up making a lot of the whole 30 dinners  just cause they looked good and we’re easy to make.

Like you I’m on day #4 and I didn’t really have a kill all the things day. I think I skipped right to nap phase. However, I am also a flight attendant and have been working really weird hours so that could have a lot to do with it. I did leave on this 3 day trip completely prepared for all my meals. I even had a plan for my boyfriend to put the brisket in the crockpot this morning. ALLLLLLL DAY I have been dreaming about how yummy my house probably smells. Well unfortunatly, I got stuck in San Fransisco with out a pre-preped meal and just an apple, orange and RX BARS in Munce lunch bag. 

No time like the present to dine out whole 30 style.... I ended up getting my hotel to make salmon and steamed veggies using only olive oil and fresh squeezed lemon. (Honestly, it was nice to have someone else make my dinner)

I am VLOGing my experience and will start posting those videos soon, but I’m also posting short videos and all my meals in My instagram story. If you are interested come on over and check them out @PrincessNatkins

On 10/19/2017 at 10:43 PM, PrincessNatkins said:

Cool!  I just followed you on Instragram.  Now I see why you call yourself Princess.     My son's daughter is super into cos play and my other son is into cos play photography.  Check him out on Instagram @FrameDropPhotos --  Looking forward to seeing your recipes.  If I come up with any super awesome ones, I shall share too.  I tend to just cook healthy with no recipe. 

@PrincessNatkins 

The Beef and Sweet Potato Chilli was excellent.  It heated up well too which may help on your travel days.  I did make my own bone broth using beef shank bones, carrots, celery, onion, tomato and bay leaf.  It came out wonderful and I am sure added to the chilli's yummy flavors.  I was able to freeze three additional cups of the broth to make the chilli again and had enough left over to make a roasted vegetable beef soup with the broth and beef from the shanks. 

Congratulations everyone. We made it past week one! Tomorrow we might all feel a bit bloated and I think to counter that I am going to try and take a Bikram Yoga or a hot yoga class. For those of you who have done whole 40 before, is there anything that helps get you though that stage? Other than nap?

On 10/17/2017 at 9:18 PM, kimbah said:

It is hard when time is short.  I sometimes get a roasted chicken and a ready made salad or frozen veggies for a quick compliant meal.

Thanks, this is a good idea.  Are the rotisserie chickens at the supermarket generally compliant? The ones from places like Boston Market have a little sugar in the seasoning i think.

HAPPY WEEK 2 to all 10/16 starters !!   :) 

@kimbah, Do you know how to combine these threads..?  Maybe I'll just check into all the 10/16 starts for awhile ...but it's a bit cumbersome .  I'm off to work right now  but will try to find time to check w/ a moderator to see if there's a way to combine ..

Im in the road again and brought the chicken hash with me. I know the chicken hash is under breakfast foods but it reheats and tastes good for lunch and dinner too. I would put 1/2 the amount of apple cider vinegar! And after plating I added cauliflower rice to make it more filling.

:-) happy Day 10

Already Day 11 ??   SWEET !  I finally have a string of days off and am going to delve into some fun recipes to relieve a little "food boredom "....Especially the "Eggs-haustion".

My husband is much less of a foodie than I am and he has pretty much devolved into smoothies in the morning..Ingredients: 1 banana, 1 apple, 1 cup fresh blueberries, 1 scoop Ancient Nutrition bone broth powder (20 grams protein ) and 2 tablespoons olive oil.  Gross, I know, but he's all about efficiency.  He's one of those super-strong, wire-y built guys.  Except for the "don't drink your food" rule his breakfast is technically Whole 30 compliant, I guess. Heavy on the fruit--(but I don't want to quibble too much and have him decide to bail).  Can anyone tell me if this is "bad" enough to try to get him to change ?  We're long-time vegetarians but are using eggs, fish and shrimp as protein for the Whole 30.  The bone broth is a fairly large concession for us for this 30 day period. 

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks ! 

Week 3 is here ...wow.   I definitely am not feeling the "tiger blood" but am feeling a little more "steady"..mood-wise.

Feeling pretty pudgy too...I think trying to feed my husband meals that keep that bean-pole from losing more weight while trying to do the opposite for myself is a bit challenging.  3 long shifts coming up which are always difficult just from the stand-point of getting really physically and mentally tired and not being able to be on my own schedule...sigh. Onward and upward.

Would be cool to see some posts here from other 10/16 starters  just to compare notes.  (-:

Hi!  I started on 10/16 as well and just found this thread.  I'm so happy to have found some other 10/16ers :).  This is my first Whole 30 and I was so intimidated when I made the decision to try it.  I have an 11 month old son so we had resorted to take out on most nights and I was feeling terrible.  Bloated and sluggish every day.  My friend was on the Whole 30 and had amazing results so I wanted to give it a try knowing that it would be a challenge.  I have to say, it's not as hard as I thought it would be.  Maybe I'm just saying that because we passed the halfway point, but I have revitalized my love of cooking and I have (surprisingly) been able to juggle cooking and chasing around my son.  My husband has been trying to follow the diet with me, but he's been having a really hard time.  His coworkers bring food in to work a lot and he has been mostly good about resisting the temptation. 

Food prep has been my saving grace!  Every Sunday I will prep an egg bake so we can grab a slice for breakfast before work and I add some guac and a banana.  Lunch has been more of a challenge because we will usually have leftovers and some days I just want something fresh!  My cafeteria at work has nothing for me so I try to force myself to eat the lunch I brought.  I try to make one crock pot meal a week so I have a night off from cooking and my husband will cook at least one night as well.  I'm not a vegetarian, but I'm not a huge fan of meat so it's been a little difficult to plan dinners, but I've made some really good stuff.  I'll start to post more and will share some of the good recipes that i make.  I'd love to hear yours as well.  I'm always looking for something new. 

Archived