What the...

DocIKY

Last night I ate a chocolate bar, a cupcake, pizza, chips and salsa and had a margarita....in my dreams.

I wouldn't have been suprised by these vivid dreams if I was back in the first few days but today is day28! The end is in sight and so is success! I, like many before me, am quite apprehensive about ending. But staying whole30 compliant forever (especially for me through the holidays and vacation) is just not feasible!!

My question is for those who have been successful how do you not go crazy with the junk? I really am afraid that if I let any of it touch my lips I'll be lost again in the world of cupcakes, pizza and margaritas! I want all the positive changes I've experienced to be lasting!

• Moderators

Some people find they need to keep going for a few months until eating real, whole, healthy foods becomes a habit. On the other hand, some foods may always be "dangerous" in the sense that they trigger out-of-control eating. You likely have plenty of work ahead to get to the place you want to be with food.

I had food dreams near the end of my W30. Set your reintroduction plan now. You'll be surprised at how easy it is to turn away from certain foods once you know how bad they make you feel. I hadn't had dairy in three months. Had something with butter in it on Tday. My stomach wa upset for two days. I didn't even know I had dairy issues until I cut it out. Needless to say, no more dairy for me. It just isn't worth it. I agree with Tom about giving it more time. I'm still dealing with the side effects of the very little bit of off roading I did on Thursday. I was planning a W30 after Christmas, but have decide to start now.

I had the same types of food dreaming during my initial W30. I didn't listen to the advice about reintroduction; and planned several "cheat" meals after my first W30...this was a disasterous mistake for me. I finished October 7th of this year; and commenced a return to binge eating like I haven't seen since 2010. I put 19 lbs back on.

This time; I am making this a lifestyle change for good, and I am going to continue as long as I need to in order to change my relationship with food. I am planning to keep going through the reintroduction phase as well; which I didn't even consider the first go-round.

tom and jennrider have it right I think: if need be; then keep going longer than 30 days, and set your reintroduction plan now...that way you won't give yourself "permission" to eat the junk! :)

Archived