Does WHOLE30 helps with the lost of menstruation cycle?

cernakristiana

Hello,

I would like to ask if there are some women who were dealing with the lost of menstruation cycle? I would like to know if WHOLE30 might help to regain menstruation cycle again? I have never followed WHOLE30 for 100%, but 80% of what and how I eat is in compliance with its rules. Nevertheless, I have lost my periods (since June) even though my doctor told me I am healthy. Thank you!

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, cernakristiana said:

Hello,

I would like to ask if there are some women who were dealing with the lost of menstruation cycle? I would like to know if WHOLE30 might help to regain menstruation cycle again? I have never followed WHOLE30 for 100%, but 80% of what and how I eat is in compliance with its rules. Nevertheless, I have lost my periods (since June) even though my doctor told me I am healthy. Thank you!

Some people do experience hormonal balance to the point of getting their periods back but depending on why it left, we can't say for sure.  Definitely following Whole30 for 30 days isn't going to do any damage so I would suggest giving it a try.

Thank you! Well, my doctor told me that it is probably caused by using a contraception for a longer time (I was using a contraception for 5 years, I started as 18 years old girls and I stopped using that in January). Even though my period was normal after I stopped using a contraception (I lost my period in June, even though I stopped using a contraception in January). Thank you once again.

Pre-whole30 my periods were always very irregular and never closer than 45 days, after 2 years of mostly Whole30-eating I have a regular 30-day cycle. Whole30 can absolutely do incredible things for your hormones, but keep your expectations in check, for an issue like this you will likely need much more than just 30 days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2017 at 11:51 AM, cernakristiana said:

Thank you! Well, my doctor told me that it is probably caused by using a contraception for a longer time (I was using a contraception for 5 years, I started as 18 years old girls and I stopped using that in January). Even though my period was normal after I stopped using a contraception (I lost my period in June, even though I stopped using a contraception in January). Thank you once again.

Wow, I went through EXACTLY the same thing, with a diagnosis of PCOS due to a high testosterone level in my blood and an ultrasound revealing multiple follicles in my ovaries (also I have had bad acne flare-ups that I have NEVER had before)--but my doctor and the ultrasound tech was a little wary because I did not exhibit typical symptoms like dark thick hair and obesity (insulin resistance is a huge cause for PCOS).  I am currently on day 8 and I'm sure it's worth the try.  I would also recommend reading the book "The Period Repair Manual" by Lara Briden.  It reveals a lot more information than I ever had about hormonal balances and how contraception can throw your hormones off for maybe even up to two years.  I hope this helps a little bit!  Glad to know someone is going through exactly the same thing.  

• 1 month later...

I am in the same boat. 

I was on birth control for more than 10 years. And went off of it in May. I still have not had my period. I have had an ultrasound, blood work, MRI and seen a naturopath.  I am going to see an endocrinologist in January but also starting the whole 30.  I am hoping to reclaim my period as well. Being in my 30s, this is becoming a lot more concerning than ever before....

Archived