Starting 16 OCT 2017 - attempt 1.5!

JerichoJ

Hi Everyone,

Today is my second first day of the Whole 30.  I made it 16 days back in September, but caved, partly due to a sugar craving and epic late night binge, partly because we had a vacation for my wife's birthday that would land over the last few days of my Whole 30 and the first few days of the reintroduction.  I didn't plan carefully enough, as Dallas and Melissa suggest.

This time I have no excuses, other than my kids bringing home a bunch of Halloween candy, which I will be strong and resist!!!

I have been dabbling in and out of both keto and paleo for most of 2017.  I had a major health crisis early in the year, including severe depression, anxiety, and other fun stuff.  I'm fortunate enough to have a progressive doctor, who suggested keto as a way to help my brain health.  I later discovered paleo, and found that I got a lot of the same brain health benefits that I got from keto, with less dietary restriction.

But I tend to stray from time to time, in part because my wife is not on board with either keto or paleo.

This time I am determined to finish the Whole 30.  During the reintroduction phase I am going to do a combination of the plan recommended in Whole 30 and the one recommended in Robb Wolf's "Wired to Eat" involving measuring blood sugar response to certain carbs.

I want to have as many tools helping me as possible.  I've taken the Hartwig's advice and removed the battery's from my bathroom scale.  I signed up for the Whole 30 meal plan program, and plan to be a regular visitor to these forums.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Jason

Archived