10/23 Start Date

Krystal1983

I'm doing well, too. I went to two showers Saturday and then had a bunch of teenagers over for lunch and dessert Sunday. Again, surrounded by non-compliant food!

I'm used to it, though, and just keep cooking away. I can't believe how many vegetables I'm buying, though. I *thought* I'd been eating a lot of them before, but now I'm making two extra trips to the grocery store every week just for veggies!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Jenney said:

...surrounded by non-compliant food!

I'm used to it, though, and just keep cooking away. I can't believe how many vegetables I'm buying, though. I *thought* I'd been eating a lot of them before, but now I'm making two extra trips to the grocery store every week just for veggies!

Me too!

I've survived & thrived for 29 days without a real preperation process.  I eat fresh and buy my food about two-three times a week.  I dont plan / prep days ahead, but rather cook enough to have some leftovers to start the next meal.  I cook for one and use just one stove burner with pan or wok.

Hi everyone I haven’t been on here in awhile and thought I would check in. Unfortunately we had a tragedy in our area two days ago, the shooting in Rancho Tehama CA, and one my coworkers was killed. It definitely threw for a loop and I did go off course yesterday evening.  My plan is to continue once again through the rest of the thirty days and not let this continue to get to me or ruin my progress. Once again thanks for the support on here. 

Day 29 and still hanging in. Feeling good, pants not fitting so tight and looking forward to finishing strong tomorrow! A little worried about easing back in with Thanksgiving this week, but also looking forward to putting a little something sweet in my coffee. One of the biggest things I have gained from this process is label reading, so i will NOT be returning to the chemical filled coffee creamer I used to use. Picked up an almond milk all natural creamer that does have some sweetener in it for use later in the week. As I think about life after Whole 30, I think I will be continuing many of the practices I have begun...LOTS more veggies being the number one! With Thanksgiving this week, I plan to add back in a little bit of sugar and later in the week, some dairy, because these seem like the main ones that will be hard to avoid during our Thanksgiving celebration. Will still avoid grains until further down the road. 

How about you guys? What are your plans for reintroduction? What are the biggest benefits you have found from your Whole 30 experience?

13 minutes ago, Kelly J. said:

How about you guys? What are your plans for reintroduction? What are the biggest benefits you have found from your Whole 30 experience?

I am definitely improved across the board... perhaps my biggest improvement is increased energy / optimism.

Today is my day 33 and I just started with the first re-intro food - white rice.  Next will be brown rice, starting on T-day.  

On T-day I will be as close to W30 compliant as I can without be tempted.  I'll be having my own fresh fruit bowl instead of pie as well as my own mango sauce to sub for gravy.

Woohoo! We did it!! Lost 10 pounds, feel great, energy much more steady, sleep better. Feeling good about this journey. Easing back in slowly which will make Thanksgiving a bit more challenging today. Added some sugar in yesterday in my coffee. My tastes have definitely changed so will be interested to see what I eventually land on for morning hot drink. Trying not to go back to the chemically laden creamer I used to use. Decided to add dairy in moderation today at our Thanksgiving feast, but also bringing a compliant side dish (butternut squash with cranberries and red onions) so I know there will be something for me that will be more like my diet over the last month. Let us know how you do for Thanksgiving!! Blessings to all of you!  

Archived