Sept 18 start date reintro

dmrob2009

I, too, miss the regular updates from the group! It was nice of you to check in Mike and wonderful to hear all your god news. Have an absolutely wonderful trip and happy eating!

P.S. There's not way on earth I would go to Red Robin and NOT get their Black and Bleu burger and eat their fries with campfire sauce! We LOVE LOVE LOVE burgers! And especially Red Robin! LOL. So good on you guys for your restraint!  

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to hear from you @Mike5858.  I've checked in here most mornings, but with nobody else posting I tend to just leave.  I've gotten Red Robin wedgie burgers in the past (when I was trying to limit carbs) and I've kept in the back of my mind that they are a good choice for eating out.  I have not done soy, legumes or dairy either, and have not been really dying to do so.  My stomach still recalls the gluten reintro..  Thankfully, I'm a bit of a hermit so I mostly cook at home.  Tonight is ground pork (from the freezer, a pastured pig I bought some time back) with ginger, garlic, carrots and "soy sauce" (will use coconut aminos) in a lettuce wrap.  Used to make with soy sauce and chopped peanuts, but the coconut aminos is fine and I can live without the nuts.  Gradually adapting to the things I like, that will suit this way of eating, as I feel so much better.

I have been looking at some other things, now that I've transitioned a bit away from total Whole 30 diet.  I need to lose a lot of weight, about 50 pounds would be ideal.  I saw my doc about two weeks ago, had annual lab work all good except cholesterol and triglycerides.  HDL high, so the cholesterol itself not a huge deal, but I want better.  I also want the weight off.  Several people here have mentioned Bright Line Eating, so I looked at it.  First, hard to spend so much on a boot camp when I can't see even a snatch of what it involves before paying.  I think having a template to eat by is good, though, at least for the time working on losing, and then transition to controlled Paleo as I have been planning.  I paid for the BLE 14 day challege, to try it out, and over 36 hours later have not received any confirmation/username/password, although my Paypal went through immediately.  Have any of you dealt with this company in the past?  I sent an email last evening asking when I could anticipate getting the join info, and nada so far.  I've sent them an email asking for refund, I know it isn't a vast amount of time, but these days such things happen immediately and I've already read about customer support issues.  So, anyone have good experience so far?  

On the good side, I feel good and am happy about the things that have improved, also the things I"ve noted and realized were issues I didn't realize.  I'll keep checking back, I hope everyone continues to do well.  

51 minutes ago, CorgiLover said:

Good to hear from you @Mike5858.  I've checked in here most mornings, but with nobody else posting I tend to just leave.  I've gotten Red Robin wedgie burgers in the past (when I was trying to limit carbs) and I've kept in the back of my mind that they are a good choice for eating out.  I have not done soy, legumes or dairy either, and have not been really dying to do so.  My stomach still recalls the gluten reintro..  Thankfully, I'm a bit of a hermit so I mostly cook at home.  Tonight is ground pork (from the freezer, a pastured pig I bought some time back) with ginger, garlic, carrots and "soy sauce" (will use coconut aminos) in a lettuce wrap.  Used to make with soy sauce and chopped peanuts, but the coconut aminos is fine and I can live without the nuts.  Gradually adapting to the things I like, that will suit this way of eating, as I feel so much better.

I have been looking at some other things, now that I've transitioned a bit away from total Whole 30 diet.  I need to lose a lot of weight, about 50 pounds would be ideal.  I saw my doc about two weeks ago, had annual lab work all good except cholesterol and triglycerides.  HDL high, so the cholesterol itself not a huge deal, but I want better.  I also want the weight off.  Several people here have mentioned Bright Line Eating, so I looked at it.  First, hard to spend so much on a boot camp when I can't see even a snatch of what it involves before paying.  I think having a template to eat by is good, though, at least for the time working on losing, and then transition to controlled Paleo as I have been planning.  I paid for the BLE 14 day challege, to try it out, and over 36 hours later have not received any confirmation/username/password, although my Paypal went through immediately.  Have any of you dealt with this company in the past?  I sent an email last evening asking when I could anticipate getting the join info, and nada so far.  I've sent them an email asking for refund, I know it isn't a vast amount of time, but these days such things happen immediately and I've already read about customer support issues.  So, anyone have good experience so far?  

On the good side, I feel good and am happy about the things that have improved, also the things I"ve noted and realized were issues I didn't realize.  I'll keep checking back, I hope everyone continues to do well.  

Way to stay with it!  As for BLE, I purchased the book on Amazon and have no intention of buying the challenge or boot camp.  Having said that, have you gone on the website to the 'contact us' link? I've done that twice with questions and gotten a response within 24 hrs 

Reintro dairy day did not go well!  Started with cheesy scrambled eggs and cream in my coffee.  Stomach grumbled a bit, but that's all. Then ran late for lunch and didn't have time to prepare what I thought I'd have, so stopped for a salad and opted for my beloved blue cheese dressing.  Pretty much immediately after I started what I call an allergy attack.  As it's been said, I'm sure the reintro is personal to everyone's own make up, and this is a typical one for me (or at least it was a number of years back when I'd have them regularly).  Basically a full body reaction, head to toe itchy, red skin and puffy face.  It subsides when I get some claritin in me, but it's not fun.  So, I'm guessing there might've been too much in the random blue cheese dressing to count it just as the dairy affecting me.  Just threw caution to the wind and didn't look at labeling.  Planning on not doing dairy tonight and reintroducing just one sort of dairy in a few days and being more careful and specific.  I knew this one would be a big one for me... just didn't quite expect the old full body reaction.  

@CorgiLover that's one thing about this diet I liked, that Melissa didn't want to create something to be costly for people.  I'm naive about all the various diets/plans out there, but if you have to pay big $$ for something before knowing what you're getting into I'm suspect too!  Sounds like you have a good plan between this and paleo.  Also if you're leary of Dairy (I was a cheese fiend too), I'd maybe break it down to different types.  I'm going to freshen up my reading on this and hope it narrows down the culprit for me.

@Mike5858 great job at staying so focused and staying mostly W30 diet way... plus getting to the gym.  Have wonderful travels.  

@SineadMon I was suspect of fruits too. I sensed my body really just didn't want much of it.  

@dmrob2009 I think you said it that reintro is harder than the W30... You are right.  It's just a slippery slope I'm finding and being within the W30 was like training that was easier to commit to.  

Hope to hear more how everyone progresses through or onto something else.  I hope to find a culprit or two, take them out permanently, and be more inspired to eat more naturally like this or close to it.  Have a great weekend.

Good morning, all!

Sorry I've not posted regularly.  I, like everyone else, miss the activity on this thread.  Time to revive it!  We are going into the holidays and this is a good thing!  The addition of sugars and flours really opened my eyes to a few things and I suppose I've been 'in mourning' over the fact that eating these things takes a lot of recovery time for me.   I've used food for reward and comfort for so long that this just bums me out.  

@Mike5858 I'm inspired by your journey because I remember how worried you were about reintro.  Now it seems as though you and your wife have it all figured out and that's awesome!

@CorgiLover were you ever able to figure out the refund for the 14 day challenge?  I bought the book but I'm guessing that challenge comes with instructions on what all you need to do.  I'm starting everything up on Monday and it would be GREAT to have a weight loss buddy going in. I'm hoping you change your mind and decide to give it a try.  It's clearly a good program, as evidenced by lal of the success stories in the reviews.  I'm disappointed in the fact there is no daily companion or online support offered for those who do not do the boot camp, but still willing to give it a go.  

@Svmomma so sorry about your reaction to dairy.  That is a bummer, but at least you've figured this out a miserable will no longer be the norm.  Seems like abstinence is much better than what you're currently experiencing.  Keep up the good work!  You're doing awesome!  

@SineadMon @Tj V @erinelizabeth

and @kirbz How are all of you doing?  What are your plans for the holidays?  

Happy weekend to everyone!

Hi all, I also miss this thread and am bummed when I come here to find nobody has posted.  It has become a nice support system with friends.  I still have not added back dairy or legumes, my gluten experience is still in the front of my mind.   I'm not missing them, so it's okay, and I may just try a little parm on something this weekend as dipping a toe in the water.  

My fault re: the 14 day BLE challenge.  Was in my junk folder, I've sent them an apology for getting bent out of shape.  I have looked at the meal template and am good with it.  I have tried so many ways to lose this weight, and it is clear that my portion sizes and food choices are just going to have to change.  Although I hate to pay for the 14 day challenge, I think my best hope is to automate how I eat to a set pattern, and stick with it until I've lost what I need to.  I'm thinking three to four months, at least.  @dmrob2009 I would LOVE a weight loss buddy.  I was planning to start tomorrow or Monday, Monday suits me very well.  I've done everything else but plan what I am going to eat day 1.  The challenge has daily stuff, but it opens every day once you start, so I haven't seen anything yet.  The meal templates/instructions are same as the book.  

I'm a bit concerned about Thanksgiving.  The past several years, I have either done it here for my family (at least I can control the food choices that way) or gone to some friends' house, out of town, with no say-so in what/where we eat.  Usually lot of alcohol and random eating.  This year, I am going to visit my cousin in California.  He is pretty laid back, not a big one to cook a large dinner (his mother, my aunt, was the queen of Thanksgiving and made it a week long event.)  He is divorced, has a new girlfriend, and most of the long weekend will be just the three of us.  His kids will be with their mom, although we (hopefully) will see them at least briefly.  He and gf are pretty easy going, and health oriented, not the type to have myriad cookies and pies and whatnot, but just not knowing is a little disarming for me.  I plan to let him know, a little closer, that I would prefer having a low food focus holiday, I think he will be fine with that and hope gf will too.  Halloween is not really an issue with me, I don't have a sweet tooth and therefore don't really have a thing about candy.  My neighborhood has a ton of trick or treaters, but this year I will be working until 8pm and not home until 8:30 or so, so it will be past dark and past the trickers/treaters by the time I get home.  I'm not even buying any candy, if any older kids come after I get home, the lights will be out.  

I hope everyone is still doing well, for so many of us to still be here at five weeks in seems amazing.  

31 minutes ago, CorgiLover said:

Hi all, I also miss this thread and am bummed when I come here to find nobody has posted.  It has become a nice support system with friends.  I still have not added back dairy or legumes, my gluten experience is still in the front of my mind.   I'm not missing them, so it's okay, and I may just try a little parm on something this weekend as dipping a toe in the water.  

My fault re: the 14 day BLE challenge.  Was in my junk folder, I've sent them an apology for getting bent out of shape.  I have looked at the meal template and am good with it.  I have tried so many ways to lose this weight, and it is clear that my portion sizes and food choices are just going to have to change.  Although I hate to pay for the 14 day challenge, I think my best hope is to automate how I eat to a set pattern, and stick with it until I've lost what I need to.  I'm thinking three to four months, at least.  @dmrob2009 I would LOVE a weight loss buddy.  I was planning to start tomorrow or Monday, Monday suits me very well.  I've done everything else but plan what I am going to eat day 1.  The challenge has daily stuff, but it opens every day once you start, so I haven't seen anything yet.  The meal templates/instructions are same as the book.  

I'm a bit concerned about Thanksgiving.  The past several years, I have either done it here for my family (at least I can control the food choices that way) or gone to some friends' house, out of town, with no say-so in what/where we eat.  Usually lot of alcohol and random eating.  This year, I am going to visit my cousin in California.  He is pretty laid back, not a big one to cook a large dinner (his mother, my aunt, was the queen of Thanksgiving and made it a week long event.)  He is divorced, has a new girlfriend, and most of the long weekend will be just the three of us.  His kids will be with their mom, although we (hopefully) will see them at least briefly.  He and gf are pretty easy going, and health oriented, not the type to have myriad cookies and pies and whatnot, but just not knowing is a little disarming for me.  I plan to let him know, a little closer, that I would prefer having a low food focus holiday, I think he will be fine with that and hope gf will too.  Halloween is not really an issue with me, I don't have a sweet tooth and therefore don't really have a thing about candy.  My neighborhood has a ton of trick or treaters, but this year I will be working until 8pm and not home until 8:30 or so, so it will be past dark and past the trickers/treaters by the time I get home.  I'm not even buying any candy, if any older kids come after I get home, the lights will be out.  

I hope everyone is still doing well, for so many of us to still be here at five weeks in seems amazing.  

@CorgiLover I'm starting Monday.  Getting all prepped for it today and tomorrow.  Yay... I have a weight loss buddy!  We can communicate on here for as long as everyone is doing reintro and then we'll figure out another means of communication.  Thanksgiving is of concern for me, too.  Halloween, not so much.  Talk to you soon!

It's nice to hear from everyone! I officially start my reintroductions on Monday, which will end my Whole30 at 44 days. I'm not sure what I'll reintroduce except added sugar. I'm really only picking that day because I want to go to my favorite restaurant for a work event and order my favorite thing and it most likely has added sugar. So, I'll do that and I'll probably add back some legumes. I don't necessarily care for them that much but I want to follow the book exactly and I want to know what bothers me and what doesn't. So I'll do it the recommended way. 

I'm also nervous for the holidays. Not for Halloween. We live in a remote neighborhood and won't have a single person come by. So it's kind of a non-event here. But I am nervous for Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday in the whole wide world and I love ALL the food we eat! I'm also doing it twice, once the weekend before with 14 of our friends at our house. And then the next week at home with my family in Utah. I want so much to not care for a special occasion but I've done so great with weight loss that I would be so sad to see it all come back. So I'm really not sure how I'm going to approach the event. Here it probably won't be so bad. At home, it'll be super tough. 

Let us all know how your new eating journeys go! I'm still planning to eat Paleo. I ordered a few cookbooks and am excited to start trying them. 

Hi all... so great to see everyone checking in again. I’ve been checking the forum everyday and it was difficult when people were not contributing. 

I havent gone through reintro... yes I know how it is such as substantial part of the program and I appreciate that. But for me, I know gluten and dairy are no-no’s and I’ve had no interest in trying legumes or alcohol. I’m not claiming to be doing while 60 or anything like that, but I feel this way of eating suits me and so I am trying to just maintain some of the consistency of the program. I am reading Food Freedom Forever and have also ordered Well Fed from Amazon. If I do decide to reintro, I intend to do it properly so maybe in another few days or weeks I might change my mind.

The big thing for me now that the program is over is that I do feel tired of all the prepping - I know this is so central to being in control of the foods you are eating, it frustrates me when I go to the store and all the processed food are cheaper and easier to make and eat. This isn’t my only real grumble. Also, like @dmrob2009 and @CorgiLover I do feel tempted by the holidays... even Halloween for me. I was such a candy addict that all the Halloween treats are so tempting... I’m just refusing to buy anything and trying to avoid them because I know one taste of sugar and I’ll be back to old habits. 

@Mike5858 I really have to thank you - and all of you - for helping me put my weight loss in perspective. I think that’s why im still following the guidelines of the program. I know that every NSV and lb i lose is worth it and even if it takes longer, I’ll be worth it in the long run. So yes, I think like you @Mike5858 I’m working on making this a more sustainable lifestyle change rather than a 30 day plus reintro model.

@Svmomma I’m so glad to hear that you found sugar from fruit a bit triggering... I’m still going to have some of it, but I’m now much more aware of how it can cause more cravings for the not so natural stuff! 

@kirbz  I’m planning on more of a paleo type lifestyle too - but I think I might try and avoid the paleo desserts, unless it’s for something big like thanksgiving. I just worry that by having them build into my lifestyle, I would revert back to overdoing it on desserts and sugar, but just with healthier ingredients! 

Also @CorgiLover and @dmrob2009 I know I would love to hear your experience on BLE so if you decide to continue to communicate on here, that would be great! Not sure how everyone else feels about it, but I fully support any chance to keep the forum active!!

@SineadMon I can totally relate about the volume of sweets incorporated into the Paleo lifestyle. That will be a very, very slippery slope for me. I'm hoping I can limit them to very special occasions until I lose the remaining 25 pounds I want to lose (20 down). And then when I'm maintaining my weight, hopefully I can afford to have them a little bit more frequently. We'll see though. I absolutely love the concept of the Whole30 as your own personal experiment and I have lots more experimenting to go! Including finding my energy! 

I am too!  @dmrob2009 as long as nobody gets irritated with us, here is fine!  I tried to see if there is a way to personal message here, and doesn't seem to be.  I don't want my personal email/info on an open forum.  If people get irritated, I hope someone will say something and we can figure out something else.  Even open our own thread, but I like still seeing everyone else here and learning from all the experiences.  

I have printed out the meal template, and the guidelines for portions, and taped them to the inside of one of my kitchen cabinets.  Have the scale out on the counter, where it will live throughout this.  I'm going to clean out the fridge here in a bit, and see if I need to pick up anything from the supermarket tomorrow.  Mon and Tues, I work 12 hours each day, so need to really have my plan for both days done tomorrow.  I am also going to do some measurements tomorrow, so I can compare down the line and see where I've been.  I feel like having gotten rid of the processed "convenience food", as well as some of the food traps and dragons, will make it so much easier to stick to something planned.  I also think the pre-planned template makes it easy to follow, even when busy, as long as the prep work is done ahead of schedule (w30 helped with that, too.)  If anyone else is interested (there was some other talk about BLE early in our 30, I think) please come aboard.  

45 minutes ago, CorgiLover said:

I am too!  @dmrob2009 as long as nobody gets irritated with us, here is fine!  I tried to see if there is a way to personal message here, and doesn't seem to be.  I don't want my personal email/info on an open forum.  If people get irritated, I hope someone will say something and we can figure out something else.  Even open our own thread, but I like still seeing everyone else here and learning from all the experiences.  

I have printed out the meal template, and the guidelines for portions, and taped them to the inside of one of my kitchen cabinets.  Have the scale out on the counter, where it will live throughout this.  I'm going to clean out the fridge here in a bit, and see if I need to pick up anything from the supermarket tomorrow.  Mon and Tues, I work 12 hours each day, so need to really have my plan for both days done tomorrow.  I am also going to do some measurements tomorrow, so I can compare down the line and see where I've been.  I feel like having gotten rid of the processed "convenience food", as well as some of the food traps and dragons, will make it so much easier to stick to something planned.  I also think the pre-planned template makes it easy to follow, even when busy, as long as the prep work is done ahead of schedule (w30 helped with that, too.)  If anyone else is interested (there was some other talk about BLE early in our 30, I think) please come aboard.  

Yes... please do!  The more the merrier.  I may start a blog about my journey and that would be a great way for all of us to connect when we wear out our welcome here.  LOL. 

I've got my food scale ready.  Just purchased a new Bluetooth scale for weight, bmi, etc.  I have my gratitude journal by my bed ready to go for each night... still need my 5 yr and food journals which I will get tomorrow.  I'm printing the meal template tonight and making the kids their own shelf in the fridge.  I feel good about this and so glad to have done the Whole 30 first. It should be easier because of that.  

2 hours ago, kirbz said:

@SineadMon I can totally relate about the volume of sweets incorporated into the Paleo lifestyle. That will be a very, very slippery slope for me. I'm hoping I can limit them to very special occasions until I lose the remaining 25 pounds I want to lose (20 down). And then when I'm maintaining my weight, hopefully I can afford to have them a little bit more frequently. We'll see though. I absolutely love the concept of the Whole30 as your own personal experiment and I have lots more experimenting to go! Including finding my energy! 

It is a slippery slope for me, as I do not consider paleo treats SWYPO.  I find them quite delicious!

3 hours ago, SineadMon said:

Hi all... so great to see everyone checking in again. I’ve been checking the forum everyday and it was difficult when people were not contributing. 

I havent gone through reintro... yes I know how it is such as substantial part of the program and I appreciate that. But for me, I know gluten and dairy are no-no’s and I’ve had no interest in trying legumes or alcohol. I’m not claiming to be doing while 60 or anything like that, but I feel this way of eating suits me and so I am trying to just maintain some of the consistency of the program. I am reading Food Freedom Forever and have also ordered Well Fed from Amazon. If I do decide to reintro, I intend to do it properly so maybe in another few days or weeks I might change my mind.

The big thing for me now that the program is over is that I do feel tired of all the prepping - I know this is so central to being in control of the foods you are eating, it frustrates me when I go to the store and all the processed food are cheaper and easier to make and eat. This isn’t my only real grumble. Also, like @dmrob2009 and @CorgiLover I do feel tempted by the holidays... even Halloween for me. I was such a candy addict that all the Halloween treats are so tempting... I’m just refusing to buy anything and trying to avoid them because I know one taste of sugar and I’ll be back to old habits. 

@Mike5858 I really have to thank you - and all of you - for helping me put my weight loss in perspective. I think that’s why im still following the guidelines of the program. I know that every NSV and lb i lose is worth it and even if it takes longer, I’ll be worth it in the long run. So yes, I think like you @Mike5858 I’m working on making this a more sustainable lifestyle change rather than a 30 day plus reintro model.

@Svmomma I’m so glad to hear that you found sugar from fruit a bit triggering... I’m still going to have some of it, but I’m now much more aware of how it can cause more cravings for the not so natural stuff! 

@kirbz  I’m planning on more of a paleo type lifestyle too - but I think I might try and avoid the paleo desserts, unless it’s for something big like thanksgiving. I just worry that by having them build into my lifestyle, I would revert back to overdoing it on desserts and sugar, but just with healthier ingredients! 

Also @CorgiLover and @dmrob2009 I know I would love to hear your experience on BLE so if you decide to continue to communicate on here, that would be great! Not sure how everyone else feels about it, but I fully support any chance to keep the forum active!!

I'll stay as long as I'm allowed to!

Hi again everyone... so I wanted to come on again to jot down some of my NSVs and enlightened moments I have experienced since starting my W30. I really wanted to do this since I have felt deflated at the lack of weight loss. But I’m hoping this can help us all reflect on how far we’ve come and encourage us beyond slipping back into poor habits (as I’m sitting here on a Saturday night dreaming of an oreo milkshake!). Also to show that while some of us (me included!) never found the tiger blood we expected, there were a lot more benefits:

* recognizing the difference between hunger and an emotional craving

* leaner appearance, better skin, feeling more confident about my appearance in general

* less sugar crashes, not as hangry, more ‘regular’, less groggy in the morning 

* I’m happier and more optimistic, less anxious and less stressed, more focused with work and relationships

* greater awareness of food behaviors, more attention to the effects of food on my body

* enjoy cooking at home much more, enjoy tasting real food, exploring new recipes

* feel more active and energetic 

I think we all deserve to be so proud of ourselves for getting to this point, irrespective of where we go next. Also, I want to remind myself that 5 weeks ago, I was a very different person!

10 hours ago, SineadMon said:

Hi again everyone... so I wanted to come on again to jot down some of my NSVs and enlightened moments I have experienced since starting my W30. I really wanted to do this since I have felt deflated at the lack of weight loss. But I’m hoping this can help us all reflect on how far we’ve come and encourage us beyond slipping back into poor habits (as I’m sitting here on a Saturday night dreaming of an oreo milkshake!). Also to show that while some of us (me included!) never found the tiger blood we expected, there were a lot more benefits:

* recognizing the difference between hunger and an emotional craving

* leaner appearance, better skin, feeling more confident about my appearance in general

* less sugar crashes, not as hangry, more ‘regular’, less groggy in the morning 

* I’m happier and more optimistic, less anxious and less stressed, more focused with work and relationships

* greater awareness of food behaviors, more attention to the effects of food on my body

* enjoy cooking at home much more, enjoy tasting real food, exploring new recipes

* feel more active and energetic 

I think we all deserve to be so proud of ourselves for getting to this point, irrespective of where we go next. Also, I want to remind myself that 5 weeks ago, I was a very different person!

Awesome, @SineadMon!  Keep up the good work!  I keep meaning to do this.  I'll try to get to it today. 

I had a thought about the tiger blood. I wonder if it has anything to do with overconsumption of starches, like potatoes.  I know  my family ate lots of potatoes of all varieties.  I felt I had more energy about 3 weeks in, but nothing tiger bloodish.  It was very gradual.  

@Mike5858 downloaded and reading "Food Freedom Forever" and liking it!  I like that it's framing this effort as a lifestyle, giving you strategies and thought processes on when the cravings happen.  Also, needed to go a little deeper on the reintroduction elements and focus on what is special to me and not really missed.  Bumming a bit at my reintro of dairy, although it was telling.  Definitely stripped me of my energy.  So back on W30 for a while.  

It's official. I ended it! LOL. I found myself becoming quite surly as I tried to continue eating perfectly Whole30. Poor Shawn finally sat me down and told me that I shouldn't keep doing this if it was making me unhappy. And it was. I was bitter about all the meal preparation and cooking time. I wanted to try new things. So, I ended it. By baking some Paleo cookies and eating two of them. They were AMAZING!

Right now, I feel happy. Which I hadn't felt in the last couple of days. It's amazing how food still has such power. We'll see how tomorrow goes. Hopefully starting my so-called reintroductions with cookies won't set my proper reintroductions back too much. LOL. 

1 hour ago, kirbz said:

It's official. I ended it! LOL. I found myself becoming quite surly as I tried to continue eating perfectly Whole30. Poor Shawn finally sat me down and told me that I shouldn't keep doing this if it was making me unhappy. And it was. I was bitter about all the meal preparation and cooking time. I wanted to try new things. So, I ended it. By baking some Paleo cookies and eating two of them. They were AMAZING!

Right now, I feel happy. Which I hadn't felt in the last couple of days. It's amazing how food still has such power. We'll see how tomorrow goes. Hopefully starting my so-called reintroductions with cookies won't set my proper reintroductions back too much. LOL. 

Yum... what kind of paleo cookies?  Good luck on your reintro!!!

@dmrob2009 Best of luck with BLE. It sounds like a few folks are doing it so definitely let us know how it goes!

I'll certainly provide updates as I go through my reintroduction. Not sure what I have planned for tomorrow! I'm thinking I'll do Whole30 tomorrow and then maybe some legumes on Tuesday. I have a recipe for black bean salsa that I really love so perhaps that. I also like lentils. Are those legumes? LOL. I need to brush up on my reintroduction information! 

Oh, and here's the recipe I tried: https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/paleo-vegan-chocolate-chip-cookies/. I adore Paleo Running Momma and all of receipes have been AMAZING! 

7 hours ago, kirbz said:

@dmrob2009 Best of luck with BLE. It sounds like a few folks are doing it so definitely let us know how it goes!

I'll certainly provide updates as I go through my reintroduction. Not sure what I have planned for tomorrow! I'm thinking I'll do Whole30 tomorrow and then maybe some legumes on Tuesday. I have a recipe for black bean salsa that I really love so perhaps that. I also like lentils. Are those legumes? LOL. I need to brush up on my reintroduction information! 

Oh, and here's the recipe I tried: https://www.paleorunningmomma.com/paleo-vegan-chocolate-chip-cookies/. I adore Paleo Running Momma and all of receipes have been AMAZING! 

Thank you for the recipe!  Yes, lentils are legumes.  Have fun with that reintro!!  I love black bean salsa... that ought to be great!

Good morning !

Starting BLE today and we are supposed to 'commit' our food for the day.  We go according to a template, and once committed, we are not supposed to deviate.  Here it goes...

Breakfast- 1 oz dry GF oatmeal cooked, 6 oz blueberries, 2 eggs

Lunch- 4 oz tuna with 1 tbsp mayo, 1 apple, 6 oz salad

Dinner- 4 oz elk steak, 14 oz acorn squash cooked in 1 tbsp ghee

Now onto my motivational, uplifting reading and 5 minutes of meditation (goal is 30, but there's no way I can start there) while I drink my coffee... black coffee:wacko:.  

I'm going to do some pumpkin carving with the kiddos today.  That should help take the focus off of my stomach growling!  LOL

Happy Monday, all!  Are you ready, @CorgiLover?

"Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

Archived