Mashed Fruit Iced Tea

ManBearPig

New as of 3 minutes ago, on day 3.  I drink A LOT of iced tea, I love it.  And its a great way to stay hydrated at work.  But no sweetener at all is kind of killing it for me.  I used to add a little lime juice and a few drops of sweet n low (saccharin).  Just lime juice by itself is not cutting it.  Was wondering if I can mash up raspberries, strawberries, or SOME kind of berry or fruit and add that to my 3 gallon jug I keep in my fridge to add just a touch of goodness?

• Moderators
1 minute ago, ManBearPig said:

New as of 3 minutes ago, on day 3.  I drink A LOT of iced tea, I love it.  And its a great way to stay hydrated at work.  But no sweetener at all is kind of killing it for me.  I used to add a little lime juice and a few drops of sweet n low (saccharin).  Just lime juice by itself is not cutting it.  Was wondering if I can mash up raspberries, strawberries, or SOME kind of berry or fruit and add that to my 3 gallon jug I keep in my fridge to add just a touch of goodness?

Yes, you can mash up some fruit or you can find a 100% fruit juice and put a splash of that in to your tea... just make sure you're not going overboard and making a tea smoothie ;)

WOOO HOOOOO I am about to do a backflip.  That's a game changer for my tea regimen.  I buy the 1 oz restaurant size tea bags, usually a fruit tea flavor from cw-usa, so my iced tea is flavored to some extent already.  But definitely not sweet.  I still drink it, but its absent of any enjoyment.  LoL, with a touch of fruit I believe I can restore the magic.

thank you!

Archived