I can't stop this feeling

Winifreddie

I am pressing restart again on W30. I have started and stopped several times but really want to make a life change. I know I do better if I have a friend, buddy, or accountability partner. Just looking for someone out there to partner with on this journey.

I am a 51 year old, happily married wife and mother of two teenage daughters. I am a church secretary in a small town in Michigan. I feel so much better when I eat "clean." I hate how I feel when I eat sweets and junk. I am committed to checking in once per day as long as i have web access.

Goals: Eat Clean, Lose Weight, Sleep 7+ hours per night, Exercise 3-5X's week, Have a daily quiet time. 

Starting 10/18/17 Why wait for Monday...

Welcome aboard! Glad to have someone to partner with!

So, someone from the last group, with which I was apart, posted Gretchen Rubin's quiz (from the Four Tendency) about how people respond to expectations. I am an obliger which means I meet outer expectations and resist inner expectations. Therefore, having someone to be accountable to is very helpful in reaching my goals. https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/3706759/Gretchen-Rubin-s-Quiz-The-Four-Tendencies

Day 1 (D1) was a good first day for me! I am bracing myself for the dreaded carb flu where I get a headache from sugar withdrawal though.

Meal 1 (M1) - Egg scramble loaded with spinach, asparagus, and mushrooms. (I eat this most every morning.)

Meal 2 (M2) - Tuna salad, apple, hard boiled eggs.

Meal 3 (M3) - burger, cauliflower rice, green bean fries

Exercise, Quiet Time, and now off to bed so I can try to get a good night sleep.

I went shopping tonight and plan to make some chicken poppers tomorrow as I am taking the day off for my self! Wish you well as you start this journey and am happy to help in anyway I can! 

D2 was okay. I have had a baby headache, slept horribly last night and have an early morning tomorrow. So, I hope to get a good night sleep tonight.

M1 - Egg scramble

M2 - Garlic Pork Roast, cauliflower rice, apple

M3 - Ribs, apple, blue berries, raspberries

Snack - Lara Bar

When I feel tired and/or have a headache, I think I'm hungry so, I eat to boost my energy in an attempt to feel better. As you can tell from M3 I have indulged in too much fruit. 

I made, however, the chicken poppers and a chicken broccoli dish for tomorrow. So, perhaps I should plan tomorrows menu ahead of time.

Exercise, Quiet Time - check, check.

Plan for D3 - M1 Hard Boiled Eggs/Bacon, M2 - Chicken Salad/Apple, M3 - Chicken/Broccoli dish/ Brussel Sprouts

Busy day tomorrow.. Hope you are off to a good start Ginger, keep at it!

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Winifreddie said:

D2 was okay. I have had a baby headache, slept horribly last night and have an early morning tomorrow. So, I hope to get a good night sleep tonight.

M1 - Egg scramble

M2 - Garlic Pork Roast, cauliflower rice, apple

M3 - Ribs, apple, blue berries, raspberries

Snack - Lara Bar

When I feel tired and/or have a headache, I think I'm hungry so, I eat to boost my energy in an attempt to feel better. As you can tell from M3 I have indulged in too much fruit. 

I made, however, the chicken poppers and a chicken broccoli dish for tomorrow. So, perhaps I should plan tomorrows menu ahead of time.

Exercise, Quiet Time - check, check.

Plan for D3 - M1 Hard Boiled Eggs/Bacon, M2 - Chicken Salad/Apple, M3 - Chicken/Broccoli dish/ Brussel Sprouts

Busy day tomorrow.. Hope you are off to a good start Ginger, keep at it!

I would encourage you to take another look at the template and make sure you're getting your veggies and fat with every meal as per the template.  I think you're tired/headachey and wanting to eat because it looks like you're undereating... Eggs when they are your sole source of protein would be as many as you can hold in one hand without dropping.  Add fat to that scramble in the morning.  Try and get your lunches to have more veggies also - don't let that fruit push veggies off your plate :)

Keep up the good work!  Love that you schedule in quiet time!

Thanks, SugarCubeOD, for the encouragement. I appreciate it!!!

D3 - Today was pretty good considering I have been up and working since 4:30am and didn't sleep very well at all last night... 

M1 - egg scramble loaded with veggies

M2 - cauliflower rice with chicken salad, apple

M3 - chicken/broccoli dish, Brussel sprouts, blue berries

Exercise, quiet time - check, check!

A little more balanced than yesterday. :-) 

Went the the movies with Dear Husband (DH) and he got popcorn and soda - Me, nothing but smells. :-) Didn't really crave it this evening. So, that felt good. I do crave eating in general, however, at times. Just the putting food in my mouth... Baby steps! I'm going to keep at it!

D4 - It was such a beautiful fall day here in Michigan! I did manual labor the entire day so, exercise, check!

M2 - chicken/broccoli dish, Brussels sprouts, bananna

M3 - chicken salad/apple

Snack - Lara Bar

Quiet time - check

Still not sleeping well... Saw the Dr regarding  back and hip. He is sending me to Physical Therapy. Taking charge of my health!

I hope to be able to get some prep cooking done tomorrow to be ready to take on the week next week.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Winifreddie said:

D4 - It was such a beautiful fall day here in Michigan! I did manual labor the entire day so, exercise, check!

M2 - chicken/broccoli dish, Brussels sprouts, bananna

M3 - chicken salad/apple

Snack - Lara Bar

Quiet time - check

Still not sleeping well... Saw the Dr regarding  back and hip. He is sending me to Physical Therapy. Taking charge of my health!

I hope to be able to get some prep cooking done tomorrow to be ready to take on the week next week.

Great job!  Keep trying to get those meals so that they last you 4-5 hours between... if you need to eat between or have longer than 4-5 hours between, definitely eat but ditch those Larabars (which are only acceptable in an emergency and I know you havne't had 2 emergencies in 4 days ;) ) and go for something like a hard boiled egg, chicken salad, a few bites of leftovers, even an epic bar or chomp meat stick would be better than the fruit and nut loaded larabar :)  Keep up the good work!

Thank you, SugarCubeOD, I appreciate your advice and encouragement! I will keep your suggestion in mind in the future!

D5 - I finally slept better last night! I got a good 6 hours with only one trip to the bathroom! It is such a beautiful day today, I took advantage of it and did a little painting outside. Can't believe we are 2/3 of the way through October and we are still experiencing 70+ weather. The trees are really beautiful today! The cold and rain is setting in tonight.

M2 - chicken in a salad, apple

M3 - chicken/broccoli dish, blueberries

Quiet time - check

Taking the day off of exercise. 

My clothes fit just a little bit better. That's nice...:-)

D6 - Cold and rainy today. Sure feels like fall. Last night was a good night again with six house of sleep last night and only one trip to the bathroom after four. For me that is a good night. I have IC and consider this a victory for me! :-)

M2 - chicken/broccoli dish, banana, bone broth

M3 - chicken on a salad, watermelon, apple

Quiet time - check

Didn't exercise today -- And I probably will not be in a position to exercise tomorrow either. 

Met with a friend who will be joining me with accountability. I am pretty excited about this. Eating out twice tomorrow as I am away at a conference. Hopefully the team will pick someplace where I can get something worth eating. Eating out is always a challenge. Being at this particular conference is a challenge as well because they always have loads of snacks and treats around everywhere. I'm glad I am thinking about this now and hopefully will have a good plan in place before hand. I do better when I make my mind up ahead of time to eat clean and stick to the program. 

D7 - Fall has settled in for sure! Last night not so good on the sleep, I woke every 1 - 2 hours... Ugh...

M1- egg scramble loaded with veggies

M2 - steak, broccoli, mushrooms, zucchini, summer squash, apple

M3 - veggie beef stew

Tired today as I didn't sleep well but sat through loads of speaking at a conference and i don't drink coffee so no pick me up... Feeling pretty good about less fruit today and more veggies. I did get to do some prep yesterday and look forward to some good meals later in the week. I am going to stick with it as best as I am able!

D8 - Good day today! I feel really pretty good today despite not sleeping very well. 

M2 - banana, chicken/broccoli dish

M2 - watermelon, chicken broccoli dish

Quiet time - check

Exercise - check

Close fitting much better! I certainly like that!

D9 - Sleep - Well, as you know sleep hasn't been going too well. I called the Dr office to get a few IC prescriptions refilled to see if that will help. Sleep depravation its getting old... But, whatcha gonna do.:-)

M1 - hard boiled eggs and bacon

M2 - eggs scrambled loaded with veggies/Apple

M3 - chicken/broccoli dish and Brussel Sprouts/watermelon/slice of bacon

Exercise - check
Quiet time - check

D10 - I am not sure what you mean by "moving this thread to Whole30 log for a better fit?" I am a bit techno challenged...

I know I am eating too much fruit. I am doing better at this, believe it or not, by eating the fruit with my meal and not as a snack too. I will try to cut down the fruit to only one time per day from now on. I am cooking tonight so I will have some other options. I find getting veggies into every meal is difficult for me. We live in such a hurried, fast food culture it is hard to eat this way as we are busy people. But, I keep trying... I get to this point and feel I plateau. Because of this stall, I want to give up and throw in the towel. I need to do some food prep because I don't have too many food choices and eggs are my go to at the moment. It just takes time and energy to think ahead, prep ahead, and then actually prepare. Finally, the clean up. I think I have to retrain my brain to get off the fast food kick. Eating this way isn't fast food. But, I still think the benefits out weigh other ways of eating. So, I am going to press on.   

M1 - Egg salad with bacon, raspberries

M2 - egg scramble loaded with veggies/apple

M3 - chicken poppers made with zucchini/cauliflower rice/apple

Snack - hand full of almonds

Exercise - Check

Quiet time - Check

What's cooking? Italian pork roast infused with whole garlic, pot roast with carrots and potatoes, chicken poppers, green beans, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower rice (done), shredded chicken for chicken salad, burger, and tilapia. When I say chicken or egg salad it is usually accompanied with lettuce. I would also like to make a vegetable beef soup filled with cabbage and other W30 compliant veggies. 

D11 -  Daughter came into town yesterday. So good to see her... Busy day of cooking and cleaning.

M1 - egg scramble loaded with lots of veggies

M2 - egg salad, cauliflower rice, blueberries 

M3 - sweet potato hash, roast beef, green beans

exercise - check

quiet time - check

sleep - only got up twice - So, for me that's a much better night with 7 hours of sleep.

D12 - Took daughter back to school. Otherwise, a pretty quiet day!

M2 - egg salad, banana 

M3 - sweet potato hash, squash soup, home made apple sauce

Hope to have a repeat on the sleep tonight. Did not exercise or have any quiet time. 

D13 - I slept the entire night with out getting up once! Celebrate!!! I haven’t done that for months, perhaps for at least over a year! I have IC so I expect to get up at least one time per night. Very nice indeed!

M2 - cauliflower rice, slow cooker beef, green beans 

M3 - sweet potato hash, broccoli, Italian pork roast

Snack - Apple

Exercise - It’s 9:45 and I just sat down… So no exercise

Quiet time - Check

Cooked up a storm today after work so I would have some more food choices and some food for the freezer.

No concerns about halloween. But, thanks for asking. I live in the country and kiddos are just about grown so, I don’t have candy to give out even. I don’t really have sweet cravings. I still have a sweet tooth, however, because I know I eat too many fruits. But am trying to do better even with that, keeping my fruit to one per day. 

Archived