Starting 11/26 - 30 days 'till Christmas

heathera

I have no-one at home; work; or in my life who is willing to do this with me. I really need some support. I finished my first whole30 in October; but I did not do the after care program. I really regret that; I have slipped back into some bad behavior; and I really want to change my lifestyle for good. I am starting again tomorrow morning...my goal is to get through this; then go on into paleo for the 90 days following this whole30.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm with you too! The only thing is I have a party on December 1st that I really wanted to enjoy (translation: wanted to have a few drinks and enjoy some Christmas cookies). Not sure what I'm going to do about that, but I'm in for sure. I've already set aside a few things for tomorrow and know that the Whole30 always makes me feel better!

I'm in. First time with whole 30 but I did do 21 days of no dairy/ grains/ sugar last January. Felt absolutely amazing before going away and totally falling off the wagon. I also have a son who is allergic to artificial colors, flavors, sweetners and certain preservatives so we have been making a lot of real food for almost 7 years.

Personally, my biggest issue will be slaying the sugar dragon-- primarily in the form of Starbuck's chai latte each morning. If I can get over that, I should be pretty good.

Wow...this is way more response than I was expecting. I can relate to every post here. Day one is going well so far...planned and prepped all my food yesterday; and on track so far. Weighed-in this morning too...not proud of the weight I have put on since October; but this is the first step towards transforming my lifestyle. Slaying the sugar-dragon was not too much of an issue for me last time since I had already cut out sugar...but I have been eating it again over the past month...so that may be a challenge this go-round. I really want to make this a permanent lifestyle change...I want this Whole30 to be a real "reset" for me. How is everyone else coping today so far?

I'm with you! I started mine today and will most likely be ending it a day or two early, but I'm okay with that. I did a Whole60 last year and lost most of the weight I wanted to lose. I'm still eating 80-90% Whole30 approved, but have been going too easy on myself lately. I need to get back to having a better relationship with food.

Today is going well, ate my normal breakfast, which is already Whole30, so no problem there. My issue is I'm currently sick (ugh I never get sick), and am hoping the Whole30 will keep me feel better fast so I don't have to go to the doctor. My biggest challenge will come with the weekend, which is always when I fall off the wagon. I have no problem during the week, so we'll see how it goes come Friday and Saturday.

Great job starting today! So sorry you are sick...I got sick during my first whole30 back in September of this year; and I made an awesome chicken soup from a recepie I found here...maybe you could try that.

I understand about weekend eating challenges. My strategy is to plan ahead; and have everything prepped and ready to go...if I go out; I take my food with me. Some people can easily avoid temptation; but not me!

My biggest obstacles are 1) late-night snacking 2) triggers for binge eating AFTER the 30 days

I combat weekend eating by pre-planning my food choices.

i'm in, too. have never done a whole30 but have been trying to switch to paleo for 6 months or more. always seem to get derailed due to my serious sugar addiction!!! :o) i do know that when i'm able to stick to a paleo diet for a decent length of time i definitely start to feel better. i'm hoping a "support group" will help me stay on track. it's always good to give and receive support and encouragement to others, and the accountability factor should help as well. good luck and stay strong everyone!

I'm in, too! Love the idea of a Whole30 during Thanksgiving and Xmas -- what a perfect time of the year to feel like you have control over something. I've been doing 90% Paleo since last March, so expecting a relatively painless re-entry into more wholesome eating habits. The one piece I can't buy into, though, is that 'no weighing yourself for 30 days.' That way lies madness! :-)

Hi

I have no-one at home; work; or in my life who is willing to do this with me. I really need some support. I finished my first whole30 in October; but I did not do the after care program. I really regret that; I have slipped back into some bad behavior; and I really want to change my lifestyle for good. I am starting again tomorrow morning...my goal is to get through this; then go on into paleo for the 90 days following this whole30.

Hi!! I see you are in Nashville! Me too! :D I live in Hermitage... But we are moving end of December to Dubai. anyway, I just started today as well!!!

Doing well so far! Felt awful yesterday due to a huge sugar binge over the weekend but I already feel the effects of it leaving my system. My biggest issue is drinking black coffee.. Any suggestions out there? It's hard enough drinking it without sweetener...

Day 1-- no problem.

Day 2 and the sugar withdrawl headache has hit hard core. I feel like someone is sticking a hit poker right through my right eye. Hoping that advil can take the edge off.

Made a sausage, sweet potato, and apple scramble this morning-- Yum!

Stefr817-- Are you looking for creamer? I saw mention somewhere of a coconut creamer. Might want to search that in the forums and see what comes up. Personally not a coffee drinker. Had a huge coca-cola addiction which I finally beat this past summer. Now I drink unsweetned iced tea when I feel the urge for some caffine.

Day 1 - easy peasy (felt the lack-of-sugar-headache yesterday and a bit this morning

Day 2 - so far so good...

I use Thai Kitchen canned coconut milk as creamer in my coffee...chill it and it will thicken just like creamer (W30 approved) :)

That scramble sounds great Joyce!

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I found that 2 tbsp of coconut milk with a splash of vanilla extract does the trick for my coffee. And if anyone is strapped for time in the morning and can't cook a proper breakfast (like me) just use your dinner leftovers from the night before (as long as you cook extra) for meal 1. Breakfast variety opens up a lot of you let go of the traditional eggs and bacon!

Hi There,

I started Whole30 yesterday for the second time. The first time I failed after 6 hours - I was unprepared and did not have the background behind the program. A friend was doing it and it sounded good. I do eat pretty clean except for dairy,wine,honey, oats and other sugars, but those items need to go to see if this can help me with some of my allergies and back pain that I think is from inflamation.

I really didn't mean to do Whole30 again, but the book "It Starts with Food" came on Saturday from the publisher so I could review and I have not been able to put it down. I am almost through it as of last night, and I get it now. It makes total sense how these foods have so many effects on your body with the hormones, etc. I really didn't give it a second thought and started yesterday. I am looking forward to this journey the second time around as I have knowledge now and am in control of my food choices.

I look forward to this journey!

Lisa

I have also started November 26 with a friend :)

So far it's ok, but I find it hard to eat in the mornings, I feel sick of all the fat. But I need it to survive to lunchtime without getting very hungry. Also I wake up every morning with headache. But I hope it'll get better :)

We're in this together right? :)

I have also started November 26 with a friend :)

So far it's ok, but I find it hard to eat in the mornings, I feel sick of all the fat. But I need it to survive to lunchtime without getting very hungry. Also I wake up every morning with headache. But I hope it'll get better :)

We're in this together right? :)

We are most certainly in this together!

I have the headache too. Have you seen the Whole30 timeline?

Try googling that; I believe the headaches will go away in a few days!

:)

Archived