Day 31 I made it!

Mike5858

I started the Whole 30 journey on Sept 18th and finished the first part yesterday.  Today begins the reintro phase, and I'm ready with a plan.  The 30 days were easy or tough, depending on the day, but I learned SO much through this experience.  I feel confident as I move forward to "Food Freedom Forever".  I would like to say that I had the help of a fantastic group of people online who started W30 on Sept 18th with me.  Our group dwindled as time went on, but ended up with a dedicated group at the end that was there for each other.  I owe a big part of my success with the program to the accountability, fellowship, encouragement, and humor I found with this terrific group of people.  For anyone reading this who hasn't started or finished, I highly suggest your participate in the forums.  It keep your mind in the game, and gives a sense of community that can be lacking otherwise in the real world.  last, but most importantly, i want to thank my wife who completed this journey with me.  We are continuing on this road to health and food freedom together, holding hands.  I wouldn't have it any other way!

I did not weigh or measure myself before starting W30, so I have nothing concrete to report on that.  Some of the highlights, that are not connected to a scale or tape are as follows:

I feel my eyes are brighter, my stomach is flatter, my clothes fir MUCH better, I have less bloating and much more "lean" appearance.

I have less shoulder/back/and knee pain, as well as less gas, bloating, and diarrhea.

I am much more happy day in and day out, more patient, less stressed, have fewer sugar cravings and have much more self confidence in my future of my health and appearance.

I am not binging on food anymore, have a healthier relationship with food, have learned how to cook much better, no longer use food as a reward, can identify cravings vs. hunger, and have much more nutrition in my diet.

I think more clearly, and am generally more productive.

I sleep more soundly, and with less snoring.

Overall, my energy levels are higher.

Whole 30 was not a "magic pill" for me.  I'm not ready to climb Mt. Everest, or become an underwear model.  What I DO have is a solid foundation to begin to change my relationship with food and my health for the rest of my life.  I now see, how just 30 days of clean eating can change things so quickly for the better.  I have a lot more to learn now that I'm in the reintroduction phase, but I'm very happy with the results and learnings I got from my first Whole 30!

Archived