How to recover from missed breakfast

Today I woke up late and had to rush to work (ended up being late anyways due to traffic from an accident). I meant to grab some of my pre-made frittata to eat when I got there but in my rush I forgot. Had no compliant food with me other than my lunch I packed. So I ended up not eating till lunch (except a cup of coffee that was about half almond milk, haha). I felt hungry but ok most of the morning, fine after lunch but then mid afternoon I had what felt like a serious blood sugar crash and was miserable for the rest of the day until I got home and ate. I understand the whole point of whole 30 is to plan ahead so these sort of things don't happen but SOMETIMES THEY JUST DO! So what would you all recommend to recover a bit sooner than 5 pm in a situation like this? 

• Moderators

Keep some tinned tuna or olives in your desk drawer; run out to the store and get some hardboiled eggs or tinned fish, go to chipotle and grab the pulled pork... really the only way to prevent that crash that's due to not eating enough is to eat... Buy a Wild Zora bar or an Epic bar or a Chomp meatstck and throw it in the bottom of your purse and forget about.... you'll remember it's in there if this happens again.  Just so you know tho, it is HARD to recover from a missing or insufficient breakfast... it sets up your whole day so you're playing catch up so while you may have not felt 'as bad' if you had an emergency snack hidden away, chances are you would still feel the effects of it...

Archived