Round 3: Habitualpurpose's Whole28

habitualpurpose

Hi all!

I've decided to jump on the bandwagon again tomorrow morning and take it through Dec 23rd for a total of 28 days. Since my last Whole30 (45) I've deviated just a little bit. I've had some organic heavy whipping cream in my coffee, occasional dark chocolate, not stressed too much when out to eat and even had a little grain during Thanksgiving (had to have a couple bites of my grandmother's stuffing recipe).

I figure now is a good time to tighten the reins before Christmas Eve/Christmas arrives on my doorstep. I'll be logging my journey here as I've found that quite helpful the last two rounds.

Cheers!

Woohoo...day 1 almost down.

I really do like the structure of rules. I guess I've always been that way. I like that I can just know what I can eat and what I can't and then just pick...no counting, no weighing...just eat the good stuff.

What do you like most about eating the Whole30 way?

Meal 1:

- 3 eggs

- baby carrots

Meal 2:

- roasted cauliflower and green beans

- big bowl of Well Fed's chocolate chili (a favorite!)

Meal 3:

- Nom Nom Paleo's iPad App's thai curry chicken (sooo good)

Mini-meal (snack):

- May have some a banana and almond butter in a bit

Delicious day!

Okay...so apparently I need to get back in the swing of planning a bit. Two Primal Pacs for lunch at work when I don't have anything else, while technically content compliant are not necessarily in the "spirit" of W30.

Meal 1:

- 3 eggs

- baby carrots

Meal 2:

- 2 Primal Pacs

Meal 3:

- Nom Nom Paleo's iPad App's thai curry chicken (still good on day 2)

This week has been insane. Haven't logged anything since day 2. Here go days 3-5...

Day 3, 11/28/12:

Meal 1:

- Primal Pac

- Coffee

Meal 2:

- Adobo Chicken

- Baby Carrots

Meal 3:

- Dijon Chicken

- Roasted Broccoli and Cauliflower

Meal 4 (snack):

- Banana and almond butter

Day 4, 11/29/12

Meal 1:

- 3 eggs

Meal 2:

- 2 Primal Pacs (obviously struggling with some meals)

Meal 3:

- Adobo Chicken

- Lettuce

- Avocado

Meal 4 (snack):

- Banana and Almond Butter

Day 5, 11/30/12

Meal 1:

- 3 eggs

- baby carrots

Meal 2:

- Dijon Chicken

- Roasted Cauliflower

Meal 3:

- Thai Curry Chicken

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been logging...but I HAVE been W30 compliant. I think after doing a Whole30 followed by a Whole45 I just am comfortable with following the rules and don't "need" to log. I'll use this spot to check in here and there.

I'm trying a new recipe tonight: Nom Nom Paleo's Super Easy Tandori Chicken. Soooo excited to get it on my tastebuds!!! Will post an update with my thoughts on the finished product.

Cheers!

Archived