Tighter clothes... Tired...Day 15! maybe its eggs?

JR13

Hey All

I am on day 15 and things arent going as planned .....

My clothes are tigher, I seem to have water retention around my stomach / hips / feet, I am tired, my sex drive has lowered.

generally what i eat :

Breakfast : Eggs, avocado + Veg ( sometimes bacon)

Lunch: Leftovers

Dinner : Chicken , steak, meat loaf + Veg (sometimes sweet potatoes)

Snack: nuts (occasionally)

Oils : Cocunut

Coffee, 1 sugar, small double cream.

No Exercise

I have been gluten free for couple years, pretty healthy diet although always struggle to loose body fat and always have up and downs of water retention....i always put it down to hormones and taking the pill,but i was off the pll for 6 months but there was no change.

I am thinkng it is an issue with eggs, as I have increased my egg intake....occasionally if I was to eat a bioled egg on its own Id get very bloated stomach and gas. I remmember when i was a child if someone made scammbled eggs with milk id feel so ill after but no one believed i did so made me eat it!

I also seem to get a runny nose and a cough and random intervals, or i wake up like it....its like i have a cold and it disapears.........but it isnt directly after eating them, could it be with where the eggs are in my gut or something?

I was away on holiday recently and lost about 5kg in 4 weeks, it was very hot etc but I dont remmember eating any eggs when I was away ...... I did eat cheese, had coffee with milk and sugar, and had alcohol.

So if I remove eggs....what else can i have for breakfast thats quick??!!!!

Anyone experienced this?

Jr, it sounds to me like you could have a problem with eggs. I would ditch them for now and see what happens. As far as what to have for breakfast, I often have leftovers. I think of it as meal 1 not breakfast. Nothing is quicker than leftovers. :)

You also mentioned double cream in your coffee. As in coconut cream? If you mean dairy cream that isn't compliant on W30.

As far as being tired, are you eating enough? Could be the eggs or not enough food.

I dont really know if i am eating enough or not.................maybe not the right ratio of carbs etc............

Its hard to know when your body just feels heavy and tired!

Will cut out the eggs from tommorow.....dont always have left overs for breakfast so any other suggestions

I sometimes eat cold grilled chicken legs with a veg for breakfast. Eggs are problematic for some people. Cut them out and see if it helps.

I noticed you're having sugar in your coffee. You will not see full benefits of W30 if you are having even a small amount of sugar (except from fruit and even that can cause problems.)

• Moderators

Hey All

I am on day 15 and things are not going as planned .....

Coffee, 1 sugar, small double cream.

Sugar and cream in your coffee means you are not on day 15 of a Whole30. And if you are including sugar and cream, I wonder if there are more off plan foods in your diet. You might have a problem with eggs, but I wonder how you would be doing if you were following the Whole30 as the program is written.

For breakfast this morning, I pan-fried a ground beef patty and ate it with leftover cranberry-apple chutney, one small baked sweet potato, and a small amount of roast butternut squash. I overloaded on starchy carbs because I was trying to clean out the refrigerator.

Ignoring the sugar and cream, which Tom already covered, there definitely could be hormone stuff going on. Just going off the pill is not necessarily enough to correct it, though. Only a qualified doc can test for issues and get you on a path to correcting it. Food is definitely a first step, but you look incredibly light on carbohydrates, and this can contribute to/exacerbate thyroid and adrenal problems. Eat more carbs.

Additionally, the fact that you lost weight while on vacation sounds to me like less stress and more vitamin D than normal for you.

Eggs could also be a problem, and if you've always struggled with them, it's probably a good idea to ditch them. But if it's just selection bias and you're noticing problems with eggs because you think you have problems with eggs, then the stuff i mentioned above is lower hanging fruit. (the cream and sugar is even lower hanging fruit though)

I have had coffee with 1 sugar 3 times per week and have only drank half a cup, I was trying to give myself something nice becuase I feel so crap!

What foods do I find carbs in that are paleo? Sweet potatoe and ????

I wasnt on "holiday" really I was away working in a different country, I work outdoors now so I get alot of natural daylight............ would an increase in Vit D really make you loose that much weight? 5kg is alot for me...... Stress levels where the same to.

What does lower hanging fruit mean?

Tommorow I am gona remove the Coffee and Eggs and see what happens................

I'm with Tom on this one. I know you don't want to hear this. But you should probably start back to Day 1 and follow the program perfectly. It may sound harsh, but if you want weight loss and improvements in your health, the W30 works if you work it. But if you alter it, you won't get results and will find that you are discouraged. The reason it's called the Whole30 is because you have to do the whole thing for the entire 30 days! No slips. No cheats. It is worth the sacrifices! I thought I'd never be able to give up creamer. But I have grown fond of coconut milk. You can do it too!!!

Archived