Whole 30 Log

hmpowers

Well this should be day 18, but i had a major fail over the holidays. Frankly, i didnt care...i just fell off and stayed off the wagon for 4 long days. I'm hoping that logging my goals and progress will help to stay on track the Whole 30 (and then some).

I'll be back later with some goals!

Hi Loraine , thanks for stopping by.

Goal time :

1. NO overeating. I need to try hard to stick with the three meals a day idea. Thats tricky for me because it is so embedded in me to 'eat 6 meals a day'. My hardest time, which i belive is the same for alot of other people, is at night!

2. Get rid of the 'phlegm' - My fiance would be the most happy about this! I know i dont handle milk/ice cream well, but hopefully eliminating dairy all together will help (or hey, maybe its something else)

3. Have more Energy - Im really hit or miss on this one. I usually get 8 hours a night (im a good sleeper!) but i never feel fully rested.

4. 5x a week exercise - Spin x 2 and Crossfit x 3. I want to keep my 'long workouts' to a minimum and really try to make the most out of the acitivity i am getting.

Day 1

8 - Black coffee, 2 HB organic eggs, organic blueberries with coconut milk and a few macadamia nuts. (i am hungry already..maybe it was the thankgiving overload)

Tons of water!

Planned Lunch: Everyday Paleo Chicken Soup (made with coconut milk, tomatoes and spices), 1/2 Kabocha squash, Green beans sauteed in coconut oil

Pre WO - Cara orange and small handful pistacios

Dinner - 2 filets of Tilapia with cumin and garlic, Kale and mushrooms sauteed in coconut oil, 1/4 Kobacha Squash, Sauteed Brussel sprouts

Workout

WU; Tabata

WOD; 100 medicine ball power cleans (12lb), 100 kettlebell swings (25lb) + 5 burpees EMOTM

ME; Push presses 5x10 (45lb)

Day 2

Ok, made it to day 2! Im feeling pretty good, just a little tired. I got up and did a Real Ryder class at 530 and felt a little sluggish since i havent been eating so hot. Hopefully that goes away!

Sleep

7.5 hours (tried to get 8 but im reading '50 shades of grey' and couldnt put it down, if you ladies know what i mean!)

Overeating

No

Sinus

Still sniffing around...im assuming this might take a while to clear up

Workout

Yes

Food

Breakfast/PWO- 3 HB eggs, Coconut milk with blueberries and handful macadamia nuts, black coffee

Lunch - Tilapia, sauteed brussel sprouts with a few dried cherries and walnuts, roasted butternut squash, La Croix

Snack - 1/2 apple

D - Baked Pork Tenderloin, 1/4 Kombucha Squash (these things are huge!) Sauteed Kale, Brussell Sprouts and mushrooms

After Dinner - To many pistacios

Loraine - Never thought about that! I am always doing the clear my throat/uggm thing. If i could get this to settle down, that would be a success in itself!

Day 3

Sleep

8 hours

Overeating

Yes, to many pistacios. :( I guess i should consider this a feat as i only had 2-3 handfuls vs. a whole box of cereal. I will carry on...

Sinus

Still there....always the worst in the AM

Workout

Yes - Real Ryder Spinning

Food

Breakfast - Light Coconut milk, small handful macadamia nuts, Organic Blueberries; 2 HB eggs, Black Coffee

Archived