Whole Foods Organic Almond Milk

Elyse

Just fyi -- I'm new to whole30 (on day 3 and going strong).... I picked up some almond milk at whole foods today and found one with no carageenan. the 365 brand appears to be OK. Aside from almonds, it includes gellan gum, sunflower lecithin, xantham gum and ergocalciferol. Is this somewhat OK just for coffee??

Actually, that brand looks like it is _technically_ compliant. It's definitely discouraged though.

Stop milking almonds, people!

I thought lecithin and that other long word were big no. Glad we have our mods around to straighten us out. :)

Sorry, Xandra, homemade's definitely fine under W30 rules. I just personally take issue with milking almonds, both nutritionally and as a concept.

I'm not super convinced that nuts are ever a good choice, because of the poor n3/n6 ratio, and high PUFA content of nuts in general. Drinking liquid nuts makes me even more skeptical of the whole thing. It's my own vendetta against nuts, not a W30 prohibition

Sorry, Xandra, homemade's definitely fine under W30 rules. I just personally take issue with milking almonds, both nutritionally and as a concept.

I'm not super convinced that nuts are ever a good choice, because of the poor n3/n6 ratio, and high PUFA content of nuts in general. Drinking liquid nuts makes me even more skeptical of the whole thing. It's my own vendetta against nuts, not a W30 prohibition

I totally agree with this for my own personal w30s and pretty much after. I may use mac nuts in an amazing recipe once or twice a year, but other than that, they have been voted off my island over a year ago. I am too easily addicted to both.

Archived