The Dreams about going off plan

JoyMc

Are so irritating! :angry:

I have had several- two last night. One was eating potatoes "accidentally". The other was making this meat, cheese sort of striped gonna be toasted thing, and then slapping my forehead, "I can't have those things...". Oy.

Even in the dream with the potatoes, I had to go push the Start over button on my Whole Daily emails...I was heartbroken. :(

Today is my Day 6. I think I'm going to follow a Whole45. My Premade Paleo arrived-looking forward ot eating some of that goodness. What a variety!

Even with the delivery, I have a goal to make 2 new recipes each week on my self eval sheet.

I guess what I'm wondering is when do the blasted dreams give me a break?

I had those kinds of dreams nearly every night when I was on program. However, I used to dream that I would polish off a huge, Costco-sized bag of Hershey's miniatures or eat my way through and entire cupcake collection at a local bakery. I would literally wake up in a cold sweat, lol. :wacko:

Once I started my reintroduction, and was more in control of my sugar demons, the dreams went away. Now I only have them once in a while and they don't affect me. Good luck with your Whole 45.

Lisa

Hahah! I had those dreams very often, almost every night from, maybe day 10-15. They felt so real, I actually woke up disappointed with myself. I then started to get nervous I might forget I'm doing Whole30 and eat something off-plan!

Don't worry. first, they're just dreams, and second, it'll pass!

I feel for you!! I definitely had those dreams - let's call them what they really are - NIGHTMARES!! It's exactly like dreaming that you or our spouse cheat on one another - dreams are our place where subconscious anxieties come out to play, even if you really trust yourself on the Whole30 (or your spouse to continue the example), you've seen/heard/watched on TV/read or are even just familiar with failure - whether or not you've even experienced failure yourself!

I promise they go away, once you get into a habit and learn to truly trust yourself - and once you finish your first Whole30 and learn that you truly can live a healthy life even if you do have a treat once in a while, it'll go away!

All the best!

Archived