Add fat if meal includes ground beef?

lbrabbin

• Moderators

Maybe. It depends upon what would taste good to you and how much fat you need to feel satisfied. I've had sliced avocado on top of ground beef chili because it tastes good. With a salad, you probably need to add avocado because olive oil doesn't add that much fat to the overall meal and a salad adds none.

Tom has the real, sensible, Whole30 answer. So I'll weigh in with this: of COURSE you need to add avocado! There is nothing that you don't need to add avocado to! Avocado all the way!

Ahem. :ph34r:

Back to your regularly scheduled actual real advice about Whole30. :wub:

Tom has the real, sensible, Whole30 answer. So I'll weigh in with this: of COURSE you need to add avocado! There is nothing that you don't need to add avocado to! Avocado all the way!

Ahem. :ph34r:

Back to your regularly scheduled actual real advice about Whole30. :wub:

I detest plain avocados and will only eat it in guac form.

I KNOW.. I am that 1% that doesn't really like them.

I hated all forms of avocado for the first 43 years of my life. I mean, I actually gagged when trying to eat guacamole!

When I went paleo a year and a half ago, I set about learning to like avocado. Now I put it on everything. LOVE IT! I also learned to like egg yolks and bacon (two other things I used to hate).

Now, if I could only teach myself to love mayo, I'd be all set. :blink:

To the op: one of my favorite things to eat is a grass fed beef burger topped with fresh guacamole! So if you like it, add it!

Oh gah--I had the "chili" from the book ISWF for lunch and it is the best EVER. It's my most favouritist thing ever and makes me glad I did the whole30 just for itself. Avocado on ground beef. Who knew?

(No, we don't get a lot of tex-mex here in the frozen North)

Haha - love that!

I detest plain avocados and will only eat it in guac form.

I KNOW.. I am that 1% that doesn't really like them.

I can't stand the texture of plain avocado either :)

I had no idea it was possible to dislike avocado. Wow! And, you know, more for me, so woot!

The guac packs from Costco are perfect for this. Just clip a corner and add a squeeze to every meal.

Too far a drive for me. Ah well.

I hated all forms of avocado for the first 43 years of my life. I mean, I actually gagged when trying to eat guacamole!

When I went paleo a year and a half ago, I set about learning to like avocado. Now I put it on everything. LOVE IT! I also learned to like egg yolks and bacon (two other things I used to hate).

Now, if I could only teach myself to love mayo, I'd be all set. :blink:

To the op: one of my favorite things to eat is a grass fed beef burger topped with fresh guacamole! So if you like it, add it!

The problem with reading these forums is that although I am not hungry, I suddenly am hungry... Haha

Haha! I also don't love avocados. I like them in guacamole and I'll enjoy them in salads, but I don't eat it by itself. I think it may be something with the texture. I also don't love the texture of bananas :ph34r:

However, I can't think how it's possible not to love BACON!

Archived