Whole30 until 12/22

befabdaily

I don't know exactly how many days that is, offhand.

I got home on Sunday from a Thanksgiving trip to my parents' house. Since mid-October, I've traveled to the west coast (twice), the mountain time zone, and the central time zone, always returning home (eastern) in between. I have tried to eat as well as possible, but I was also in situations where I either had to eat what was on offer or (in Seattle) wanted to eat something yummy that I can never get at home. So, now I'm run down, sick (cold/bronchitis), my asthma has flared back up to the point that I need Flovent (boo) and I'm kind of kicking myself for signing on for all that travel, even though it was professionally beneficial.

I'm now on Day 4 of Whole30ness. I've been happily chowing down on rogan josh and crab curry and sweet potatoes. I lost 3 pounds in the first 2 days home (thanks Paleo). I've been making an effort to sleep a lot. The only exercise I have been doing during my travels is a weird little rehabilitative exercise program called T-Tapp, which has, so far, magically healed my "shoulder thing" that I've had since early summer. Seriously. MAGIC.

So I'm going to Whole30 again until I leave for Christmas (with my sister's in-laws in El Paso -- there will be tamales!) My goal is to get back to normality again!

Woohoo, I can breathe through my nose again. Mostly.

Today I ate: 3 eggs, an avocado and a banana for breakfast. Rogan josh, a sweet potato and an apple for lunch. Right now I'm actually not super hungry, but I'm going to whip up some sauteed greens and tomatoes in a few minutes here.

Archived