Need support and encouragement

jeepifer

It's a balmy 11 degrees this morning, on the way to a high of 19. Believe it or not, if the paths aren't icy, I may try a WOG outside! Otherwise, we'll hoof it indoors.

Between my sick kiddo and the weather, I haven't been out for a week. I'm itching to go!

Although, after all the snow shoveling yesterday, my back and arms are sore, so I can't say I didn't get exercise. :)

Well, I finally managed a walk again... It's been practically a week! :o My youngest daughter plays hockey, and the practice rink we were at has a walking area above the ice. It's a bit of a pain -- you have to walk through the lounge, opening and closing the doors, so it kind of breaks up the rhythm. But still, I managed 1.5 miles in my 30 minutes, even with my older daughter tagging along every other lap or three. She'd either skip ahead, or walk totally slowly behind me. I kept telling her to keep with me if she wanted to chat. Guess not. Ha.

Jeepifer - Congratulations on getting back to running. I am envious that you like to run. I do it, but I wish I enjoyed it more. I used the Couch to 5k Program eight years back. I run quite a bit. I am not fast by any means, but I did just complete my second half marathon earlier this month. The more you do, the faster you'll get! And triathlons are fun. I just started doing those this year. I've done three sprint tris to date.

I did c25k 2 years ago, I too never got very fast. I did a half marathon last year in 3 hours 3 mins LOL, so yeah.

But I have had a while off running, so planning on doing c25k again shortly. I miss running. I love how it made me feel, so strong and amazing. I miss that.

Jeepifer - Congratulations on getting back to running. I am envious that you like to run. I do it, but I wish I enjoyed it more. I used the Couch to 5k Program eight years back. I run quite a bit. I am not fast by any means, but I did just complete my second half marathon earlier this month. The more you do, the faster you'll get! And triathlons are fun. I just started doing those this year. I've done three sprint tris to date.

That's cool! I used to run track in elementary/middle school, and cross country in high school, so I guess I used to like it! ;) Now it's torture, but I'm hoping that will change as I get stronger and faster.

I did c25k 2 years ago, I too never got very fast. I did a half marathon last year in 3 hours 3 mins LOL, so yeah.

But I have had a while off running, so planning on doing c25k again shortly. I miss running. I love how it made me feel, so strong and amazing. I miss that.

A shade over 3 hours is a great time for a half! And the fact that you did it is an accomplishment by itself! I'm not to the "strong and amazing" part yet, but hope to get there someday.

• 2 weeks later...

How is your training going? I am just restarting some training as well. I was in a car accident in late August that resulted in some injuries. With the Dr.'s go ahead I am back on track though and have set my goal for a half marathon on my birthday in October. I will be doing a few 5Ks along the way as well though. Did my first one last spring and I have to say, go as slow as you need to! Events like that are so supportive and motivating. Everybody really cheers every single person on, from the first finisher to the very last! I loved it and can't wait to do it again soon!

Archived