Waking Up Starving at 3, 4, 5 AM

• Moderators

. do you recommend separating soy from beans/peanuts? i don't drink soy milk and soy cheeses are gross but i do like tofu and soy sauce.

Many people do soy one day, peanuts one day, and other legumes another day, just to know for sure which things affect them, that's definitely okay to do. Many people break down dairy into more categories as well (cow vs goat or sheep, or high-lactose products vs. lower lactose products, or fermented products like yogurt or kefir on their own day). You can always break down your reintros more and get as specific as you feel like you need to, based on what you want to know about.

Oh yeah definitely-- most soy sauce has wheat in it, but there's definitely a bunch that don't have it. I'll keep that in mind though. 

Not to continue to be a problem child but I'm also annoyed because I've just caught my THIRD illness in as many weeks. The thing is, I hadn't felt legitimately sick, except the rare headache which isn't quite the same because that's usually been from dehydration or waiting too long to eat, since Feb 2012 (yes, really!). my mom is an elementary school nurse so, as a kid, any germs I didn't pick up from my school I got through her. I think that left me with a pretty tough immune system. It's a little confusing/frustrating that I'd go so long without being sick eating non-paleo and then as soon as I switch to paleo I get sick a whole bunch of times! Is there any logic to this? Or is this just bad luck? I get the flu shot every year, including this one, and it's always helped-- also I don't think I had the flu, just a 24 hour stomach virus and two bad colds.

Archived