Leftover Roasted Veggies

SpinSpin

I am in a quandary. I often have this issue and I am hoping for some new ideas! I roasted a couple of chickens last night over a bed of carrots, parsnips, brussel sprouts, garlic cloves and a few red skinned potatoes--for hubby and my older daughter. Now comes today... what do I do with the left over veg? Back before Whole30, I would have mixed some of root veg with a cheese sauce and served over pasta with chunks of ham, but can't really do that now. I am not a fan of cold roasted veg, at least not veg cooked this way, under meat. Hmmm.... Thoughts? Suggestions? Smoosh the cooked veg into patties and reheat that way? Bound with egg and a little almond flour? (That might actually work!)

I know what I am doing with the bones though--bone broth! This is actually going to be part of my new Whole30-90 that I am going to do after the first of the year. I am going to roast 2 chickens at the beginning of the week for 'lunch meat' and bone broth. As an aside--I did a Whole30 at the end of summer and did really well and I was happy with the results, but I could have been better and my husband's reintroduction was pretty loose and fast, so we are starting over Jan.1.

Spin, I love room temp leftover roasted veggies. Or can you not reheat to go with leftover chicken? Or..use in a soup that you make with some of your bone broth? You could even use an immersion blender before you add meat to make it a little more interesting.

I'd reheat them in some ghee or something until hot and charred and eat with eggs for breakfast!

I do that several times a week....really good if you add an avocado to the " hash" and break runny fried eggs into it and stir it all up!!! Great way to get your morning veg!

I reheat roasted veggies all week. Even at work, a few seconds in the microwave is enough to bring out the yummy roasted flavor all over again. They aren't as crispy as they might have been previously, but they still taste great!

Thanks for all the ideas! I do love left over roasted veggies that are done in a single layer, like roasted broccoli, sweet potato, and oh yum, roasted bell peppers, but these veggies were done under a chicken in a roasting pan. The layer was deeper than I usually do and they were soft from being in the yummy chicken fat, and were not crispy at all. But what I ended up doing, was chopping up an onion and saute'ing till soft in some coconut oil, and then tossed in the left over veg and just heated thru and then added some chopped up chicken and some thyme. Yum--so good.

Archived