Today is Day 1

Missleah134

I'm jumping in with both feet. Today is my first day of Whole30. I am very excited but nervous that I will fail. I have told my Boyfriend that I am doing it so he can help me stay accountable. I really do want to better my life by improving my health. I just returned from Las Vegas (I live in the STL. Go Birds) and ran the half marathon. My PR is 1:45:02. I just feel like I could do better and I blame myself (my eating habits) for that. I don't want to get burnt out on food. I have never had a sweet potato. I need to learn to widen my food options but I know this will take time. I just finished the It Starts With Food book and loved it. I feel like I have the knowledge, but now I will see if I have the will power and dedication.

Well, I'm on day 3. I have to say that day 2 was horrible. I was sick to my stomach all day, forcing food down my throat. But I survived and didn't give in to any temptations. :) I am however, struggling with eating non-"breakfast" food for breakfast...this will get easier right? I hope so. This morning I had scrambled eggs with onions and green peppers.

I also had a hard day yesterday. Started getting headaches and a little dizzy in the afternoon and it lasted until I finally decided to throw in the towel and go to bed. I woke up feeling much better. I've been having omelettes loaded with veggies the last couple days but was wanting to change it up a bit. I found some bacon and turkey sausage with no sugar but was worried about the other ingredients on the back, which I'm assuming are preservatives of some sort, so I didn't get it. Thoughts on this???

Well today is day 7 and I am going strong...I think. :/ I did struggle with temptation over the weekend as my family wanted certain foods like pasta and I had to fix that and then fix something else for me. It's very hard to say no, I'm not going to lie. I ended up just leaving the kitchen and watching some tv while they ate. If I would of stayed, I would of fallen into that trap.

I do have a question....I am struggling with getting enough food BECAUSE nothing sounds good. I feel like I have to force myself to eat. Then when I am fixing something, my appetite goes away and I'm. It too terribly hungry. I still try to eat because I know my body needs it. Does anyone else have or had this problem in the beginning?

Help please

Hey Leah, you should post this in the troubleshooting your whole30 thread...

I think your taste buds change and you start enjoying foods more soon. Also the whole30 daily starts posting some resources of where to find good recipes... I do a few things, have lots of soups and stews with ghee in, that gives a wonderful smell and flavour to everything. And I cook three types of meals in advance and cycle through them or put extra in the freezer, that way if I don't feel like my chicken baked in tomato purée I can have steak and salad, or what ever stew is in the fridge or take my big pot of cooked mince and veges and have it as is or in a soup or mixed into an omelettes or in lettuce cups or baked in a pumpkin....

Juzbo is right on. It does get easier and forcing yourself to eat when even if you don't want is going to balance out your hormones so hunger cues will come at appropriate times. Congrats on working through the tough times like family pasta night. I keep things like homemade burgers, meatballs, ground beef and cooked veggies all in the fridge to just throw something together quickly. I personally think a little prep helps people avoid the fruit and nuts trap. You can make a big pot of chili and freeze half and leave the other half in the fridge or pre cook a bunch of meat...but I promise, it gets easier!!

Archived