Starting Whole30 in College: Day 1

nkoganwhite

Wooh, can't wait for the challenge!  It is the end of Day 1 in my Whole30 journey, and I am already feeling the sugar cravings set in.  For the past couple years I have experimented with dietary alterations ( originally around my hashimotos Hypothroidism, which has caused acne, low energy levels and other health issues) from vegan to AIP Paleo, and at this point I have come to grasp the major sources and habits of my body's discontent.  My food lifestyle is 90% paleo, with exceptions here and there (college is stressful) and a wavering nightly sweet tooth which has the power to absorb all of my attention and focus it onto dark chocolate and paleo "desserts".  Many times when I do indulge, I tend to get into a fix that is seemingly impossible to come out of.  After feeling my energy and stress levels on a rollercoaster this year, and eating half of a pan of paleo carob brownies last weekend, I decided it was finally time to start this journey.  Day one was a bit difficult; I am swarmed with work and had counted on grocery shopping that has not yet happened, but I am not too worried.  My tastebuds have a reasonable amount of experience in paleo-world and I have gained resilience in tough times.  I still am unsure about eating eggs, still need to get used to no rice or honey or syrup this month, and want to work on planning and time management around homework and meal-preps.  I am open to any and all tips from college students doing Whole 30!! 

Archived