What about when...

AmyS

...I think OTHER people smell stinkier?

I'm not sure this requires actual troubleshooting, really. Haha

I have seen some posts from folks who felt they got stinkier on the Whole30, and associated discussions of what to do about it.

But I'm in the second week of my second Whole30, and all of a sudden I think everyone stinks. It's kind of funny, but it's also sort of weird. I just had a voice student leave my house about 15 minutes ago, and I have all the windows open, and I can still smell her.

Note that I do not hang out with people who have hygiene problems.

This is kind of making me laugh. :ph34r::lol:

I don't have any concrete advice for you as I haven't had any olfactory assaults yet, but thank you for posting something that made me chuckle =) I hope that doesn't turn you into a people-avoiding recluse though! =)

Haha - I'm laughing too! I keep sniffing my pits! LOL Also, I'm a soprano. It's highly unlikely I will become a recluse. Ha!

OK I think it's just me. I roasted kale tonight (pause for reverent silence) and I thought THAT stunk! Didn't stop me from eating it, though. Well, my daughter got most of it. But anyway. Yeah. It's me. Haha - so strange. I do think that there's something about becoming more clean inside and out that makes me more aware of smells.

In more immediately positive news, my voice is in the best shape it's been in since I don't know when. Totally from Whole30. Awesome!

I'm kind of on a whole30 right now...inadvertently really...I'm 90% whole30 all the time but decided to give up alcohol and fruit for a while and woke up the other day and thought huh...I'm actually doing a whole30 :) But I digress...I haven't had corn in a reeeeeally long time. I was lost in my whole foods the other day looking for something and wandered down the chip isle and I was OVERWHELMED with how I could literally smell the corn everywhere. Mucho bizarro.

I'm kind of on a whole30 right now...inadvertently really...I'm 90% whole30 all the time but decided to give up alcohol and fruit for a while and woke up the other day and thought huh...I'm actually doing a whole30 :) But I digress...I haven't had corn in a reeeeeally long time. I was lost in my whole foods the other day looking for something and wandered down the chip isle and I was OVERWHELMED with how I could literally smell the corn everywhere. Mucho bizarro.

Glad to know my Spidey Sense of Smell isn't just me.

Also, pretty cool to just sort of DISCOVER you're doing a Whole30. Haha

Oh! I thought the new Spidey smelling power was just me!

We have a coworker that apparently feels he doesn't need to use deodorant all the time. I walked to my desk the other day, and Phew! I asked my team and yep, he'd walked by a while before. None of them could smell it anymore!

Huh...now that I see this post, maybe it's just me...

The newest two additions to my team at work have had opposite problems in the BO department. The first, NEVER wore deodorant, and it was terrible. The newest reapplies Secret powder dry multiple times during the day. It's like walking through a cloud of baby powder. AWFUL.

Now I wonder if I'm the only one that can smell it....

Maybe it's a hormone thing. When I was pregnant I could smell all kinds of things. Most if them made me want to vomit. I swear I can smell chemicals and cheap oils from a mile away now. I hate driving past fast food restaurants because the smell makes me sick. My daughter is hitting tween years and loves scented lotions and sprays. I can't stand most of them. This is a pretty funny side effect. Could be that our sinuses are all cleared out.

Archived