Going the whole30 starting October 23th

Karin TK

Hi everyone,

My name is Karin. I am from Holland and started with the Whole30 yesterday. I am an enormous food junky and hope to 'slay the sugar dragon'. Don't want to be a diabetic 10 years from now.

Unfortunately I am doing this alone. My husband is not joining me, although him and our little girl will eat whole30 meals most evenings. I have some people at work who know about this and they will support me when necessary.

Day 1, Monday October 23rd:

It was a good day with wonderfull food. I made double portions for breakfast and lunch to make it easy tomorrow morning when I have to go to work. 

Day 2, Tuesday October 24th:

A good day again. I expected a headache but I feel fine. Tomorrow? 
Breakfast and lunch were the same as yesterday, so no cooking this morning. Righ now I am having dinner and it is NOT nice. Usually I don't eat things that didn't turn out so great, but if I don't do that now then what? Order out......already give up? I don't think so. So instead of paying attention to the food I am writing this and in between I eat the soup. Ah well, hopefully I will be better at cooking by the end of the 30 days.

Hi Karin!

Sounds like you are off to a good start! My name is Erika, and I started yesterday (10/23) as well. Similar to your situation, my fiance will not be joining me in my W30, but will most likely eat a compliant meal that I put in front of him for dinner :) I have started the Whole 30 many times before, but never made it past week 3, most often because if busy times at work. I really want this time around to be different and to be strict and finish strong!

Day 1: I felt really good about day 1! No problems avoiding temptation! I didn't really get a chance to prep on day 0, so I was glad to be able to stay compliant doing the first day off-the-cuff. After work was when I really got to shop and meal prep for the rest of this week. 

So far today has been tougher, as I sit near the "food table" at work and a manager brought in a cookie cake to announce that she was expecting. I decided to hop on the forum to distract myself from the smell of sugar. My meals have been filling and so worth the extra time prepping last night and this morning! Good luck with your cooking adventures Karin! I know I am learning a lot already!

Day 3, Wednesday October 25th:

Another not to bad day. Still no headaches or bad feelings. Just a little restless. Unbelievable after three days without sugar and compaired to the amount of sugar I usually eat. I keep going over the things I have been eating, but everything is Whole30 compliant. How can it be there are no signs of withdrawel? I am sure it will catch up with me soon. ;)

Had some nice food today and prepaired breakfast and lunch for tomorrow and some other days (in the freezer).

Archived