November First

Hi I'm a SAHM with a Doterra side business, I have chronic health issues and a special needs child so we are already mostly paleo, but hoping to do whole30 in November to help break some bad habits that we have gotten into, wondering if anyone wants to join on Nov 1 and form some sort of little support group? I have never done whole30 before so looking for HELP!!!! 

Hi, I am starting tomorrow, this will be my 3rd round.  I never finish the first one, but I did finished the second round.  My problem was that I didn't follow the reintroduction so I wasn't sure what meals/ingredients were actually hurting me.  I have arthritis and asthma.  While doing the whole 30 my symptoms were reduce a lot and it also helped me a lot with inflammation.  I didn't see a change with pain, but I read that inflammation and pain symptoms can take up to three months so see and improvement.  So I decided to do another whole 30 and when done will continue with whole 30/paleo life style.

A support group sounds great!

We are in a similar boat, it sounds like. I also stay home with 2, and my oldest is special needs as well, so our diet is mostly paleo. I'm in the process of trying to get diagnosis for some mystery illness (wouldn't be surprised if it is autoimmune, since I already have 2 other autoimmune diseases). This is not my first Whole30, but since I feel my best on Whole30, I'm going back to it in hopes for some relief. 

I'm interested in the support. I have been gearing up to start November 1st, so perfect!

On 10/30/2017 at 12:29 PM, CaseyD said:

We are in a similar boat, it sounds like. I also stay home with 2, and my oldest is special needs as well, so our diet is mostly paleo. I'm in the process of trying to get diagnosis for some mystery illness (wouldn't be surprised if it is autoimmune, since I already have 2 other autoimmune diseases). This is not my first Whole30, but since I feel my best on Whole30, I'm going back to it in hopes for some relief. 

I'm interested in the support. I have been gearing up to start November 1st, so perfect!

Have you had a full thyroid panel done? Just doing TSH ot TSH and T4 can hide T3 or reverse T3 issues and is at the root of loads of health and autoimmune issues! 

Yes, we've done the full thyroid panel and many other tests, and biopsy. It is a mystery so far. :-(

I have the whole Halloween hangover thing going on and a friend already tried to feed me a processed vegan lunch full of noncompliant stuff! She just made me a plate before I even knew it was happening. I was feeling too tired to explain why I wouldn't eat it so I think that ended up awkward. Oh well!

We'll get to other side of this week in no time, I keep reminding myself!

Hey everyone! 

My name is Katie and I'm an RN in Texas! Started my first Whole30 round this month...black coffee is quite the adjustment but I'm hoping it becomes an acquired taste!! I'm thankful that I have a coworker who is doing this with me and has done this before. She only made it to day 20 on her previous round but we have been holding each other accountable. I figure we can do anything for 30 days...right? 

I have made some great whole30 approved turkey taco meatballs and chicken cauliflower fried rice. Trying to make things in bulk that will last a week in the fridge! Let me know if you want these recipes :)

Question...what do y'all do with the other half of your avocado to keep it from going brown? Lemon juice? 

Archived