No egg, sweet potatoes, or avocado breakfast

SpankyB

Good evening all,

I'm allergic to eggs, sweet potatoes and avocados and I feel so lost with breakfast trying to feed my wife and I in the morning. She doesn't like peppers which a lot of meals have. I can find recipes without one of my allergy foods, but to find one without all 3 seems to be impossible. Does anyone have so ideas? Thanks!

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, SpankyB said:

Good evening all,

I'm allergic to eggs, sweet potatoes and avocados and I feel so lost with breakfast trying to feed my wife and I in the morning. She doesn't like peppers which a lot of meals have. I can find recipes without one of my allergy foods, but to find one without all 3 seems to be impossible. Does anyone have so ideas? Thanks!

sausage, steak, white potato, winter squash, mayo, olives, pesto... really anything that you would eat at any other meal you can eat at breakfast.  there's a thread called 'lets talk non traditional breakfast' on here somewhere that you can find by googling or a bit of digging around.

• 2 weeks later...

I make pork breakfast sausage (you could also use chicken, but add fat. I use ghee) and while a few of those are cooking in a pan on the stove, I add chopped onion and cook that at the same time. When those are done, I move them to the side of the pan and saute a lot of spinach. A LOT. It cooks down significantly.  I also like cherry tomatoes roasted with salt and olive oil. Then I put them in freezer baggies and add a few at a time to other foods, like the spinach.

Chicken and apple sausage by Aidell's (and Sam's Choice at Walmart, go figure!) in a white potato hash with onions, garlic, and maybe a sauce on top like Boss Sauce from the Whole Sisters website or a salsa. 

Spaghetti squash hash browns with a sauce or salsa, too.

Thoseare some favorite breakfasts of mine. Good luck!

On 10/25/2017 at 9:29 PM, SpankyB said:

Good evening all,

If you can't find any recipes that don't have those things you're trying to avoid, your best bet is to not follow any recipes! Most of my favorite meals are just "ingredient meals" - protein, veggies, fat and carbs in the morning. You can make anything you want, season with whatever sounds good to you, and if you start to think of breakfast as just Meal 1 it's much easier to think of other things to have. My favorite non breakfast meal 1 is beef stew :) 

Archived