First timer - Day 15

joyful99

Hi all! I am in the greater Seattle area and this is my first Whole30. I am 48 years old, and have 2 growing boys at home with me. I work a full time job plus I teach yoga 2x/week. I committed to Whole30 because a friend of mine at worked asked if I would be her accountability partner. I immediately said yes because I just started going through  woman changes and experience low energy like I never have before. I often have restless sleep even though I practice yoga and work out 4-5 days a week. Finally, I have bouts of feeling super emotional :( at just about anything and thought I could take a look at shifting my diet to address these issues. 

I started Whole30 already having a good baseline, meaning I don't eat too far off the compliant list in general - but I love my red wine and dessert on the weekends! After the first weekend, my cravings went away and now I feel confident I will be able to complete my 30 days having not cheated at all.

I also have a physique competition background so I am super disciplined and can literally eat the same thing 3-4 days in a row. That being said, this has only been easy for me because my meals are pretty routine. I try a couple things new each weekend, and prepare for 3 days ahead. By Wednesday or Thursday, I prepare till Sunday when it starts all over again.

What I have experienced so far has been great. After day 4 I felt I was over the craving sugar hump. My energy levels are better than they have been for months but the last 3 nights I feel like I am pms'ng and can sleep for at least another hour upon waking - like my period is coming...and who knows if it will come, it's been nearly 80 days since my last one.

Any ladies going through something similar? I am not taking any supplements, stopped taking vitamins during this time to see what kind of results I get from food alone. 

I didn't do this to lose weight, although I am the leanest I have been in probably a year. I'll let you know final stats on day 31!

I did this to address my girly issues, hoping for more energy (which I now have - yay!) and having a lifestyle that will support my goals. I am so glad to have found a community to reach out to. 

Lastly, I'm kind of boring in the kitchen and would love to get out of the rut of routine. 

Archived