Simply put "I dont feel any different"

Stepham7

This is day 19 of my first Whole30 and I can say Ive really enjoyed it! Its been fairly easy for me, Ive navigated through work happy hours, a Gala and a few other social events. I can sincerely say I have't cheated at all....which I am very proud of as I was a glass of wine a day and frequent snacker kind of person :). 

Here is the problem... nothing feels different. I havent lost any weight, I frequently feel bloated, I am not sleeping any better, energy level is the same (I usually watch what I eat and I am moderately active generally)  I am just wondering if there is something different I could be doing. I usually eat eggs and some sort of meat with a piece of fruit for breakfast, either home prepped meals or a big salad for lunch and dinner. For snacks I will grab 1/4 of plain sunflower seeds, plantain chips with guacamole or a larbar. I drink a ton of water and add in a La Criox at least once a day. Just wondering if anyone else is having the same challenges.

Regardless, I have enjoyed this process and will for sure be trying again after the new year. Thanks in advance!  

• Administrators

Many people don't experience "change" until the later part of their program. A couple suggestions:

Bloat can be caused by: raw salad greens, raw vegetables, nuts/seeds, fizzy water. Try eliminating these and see how it goes.
Sleep hygiene: are you eating before bed? Is your room completely dark and cool? Are you avoiding blue-light electronics (tv/ipad etc) at least 2 hours before bed?
Energy: if you're snacking it's likely because you are not eating enough at meals. Review the template again and make sure your meals match. If you have to eat between meals, go for protein and fat (ie, egg & mayo, chicken thigh & guac).

Are you going to finish this out to the end? Your last sentence makes it sound like you're calling it at Day 19?

I had an event last night that I slipped by eating chick peas but I have no intention of going back :). 

Thank you for that advice! I’ll take a look at the template.... I may have missed that when I jumped into this. Kinda made the decision on a Saturday and started on a Monday so I’m sure I missed a few steps! 

Thanks again! 

23 hours ago, ladyshanny said:

Many people don't experience "change" until the later part of their program. A couple suggestions:

Bloat can be caused by: raw salad greens, raw vegetables, nuts/seeds, fizzy water. Try eliminating these and see how it goes.
Sleep hygiene: are you eating before bed? Is your room completely dark and cool? Are you avoiding blue-light electronics (tv/ipad etc) at least 2 hours before bed?
Energy: if you're snacking it's likely because you are not eating enough at meals. Review the template again and make sure your meals match. If you have to eat between meals, go for protein and fat (ie, egg & mayo, chicken thigh & guac).

Are you going to finish this out to the end? Your last sentence makes it sound like you're calling it at Day 19?

I actually rewrote my reply but I couldn’t edit. 

I am dissapointed by my mindset yesterday. I had an event last night that I slipped by eating chick peas alothough honestly don’t know what was in the rest of what I ate either - so I need to reset, even though I wasn’t feeling all the great things I read about- I do really enjoy the program!   Sadly my schedule won’t allow for another 30 days until after the holidays. It appears I need to learn more about the templates before I start again. I will be keeping up with the gluten and dairy though as I can see that helping get me through the holiday feeling better! 

Thanks again! 

• 2 months later...

I had the same issues in my first Whole30.  I truly didn't notice any changes. This time, I am working on being stricter with the plate template and the pre and post workout meals.  I know that the first round I wasn't eating enough so this time I am actually counting my calories to make sure I'm not under eating. Once I get the hang of it, I will stop but in the beginning I want to get it right. Good luck on your next round!

Archived