Day 14 - doing well in Oakland,CA. Where are you?

OvahDahlin

1st time posting!

I'm on day 14 of my first whole30 and plan to start the 2nd one 5 on the 27th. I have been 100% compliant so far and slayed a huge sugar dragon yesterday when a huge tray of chocolate cookies were delivered to my desk for a work function. Needless to say I was very proud of myself. Sleep and energy levels have greatly improved and mental clarity is steadily getting better.

Here's the problem, I'm on this beautiful clean eating island all by myself.

My Mr. is very supportive, eats all the whole30 meals I prepare, brings home produce for me, and checks in on my progress even though he is not doing it (…yet *evil cackle*) For the record he is stays fit, active and healthy. Other than him and one of my coworkers, I have not talked to anyone about this. Its not a secret but I just don't bring it up and I don't want to explain myself especially while im still learning so much. (I've lived on these boards for the past 2 weeks y'all)

I'm in the SF bay area and would like to connect with others who are on the whole9,/whole30/paleo track. Anyone out there?

I am on day 14 too! I am not enjoying the same sweet California weather though! Midwesterner, here. ;)

Anyway my Mr. eats what I make and dutifully grocery shops but is very "meh" about the whole thing and eats what he wants for breakfast and at work. Maybe as he sees my results his mind will change. He is not so very healthy and could use a kick in the pants. I am feeling amazing and never fail to point out what great things I have noticed that day like my energy, looser pants, sound sleep, etc.

The big difference between you and I is that I tell EVERYONE! I really like to talk about stuff that I find interesting and conducting an experiment on myself is really cool!

* or possibly I am just a nerd. Lol

Good luck with the next 16 days! Keep in touch. Tomorrow we are half way there!

Hey girl hey! I love how i have really gotten in tune with my body and have a new understanding with my relationship to food. I won't fool myself or anyone else though, i'm really looking forward to the looser pants phase! Yes, i know this journey is not about weight loss but im vain and want to look even better in my birthday suit. lol

i'll be checking up on you!

Hi There - I live in San Francisco and I work in Oakland. We have a group of about 350 people in a facebook group "SF Primal". The group was created for exactly the reason you posted - this way of eating is easier with a community. It's also part of why this forum exists. I could not have done my whole30's without support. I'm not officially on a whole30 but I maintain this way of eating about 90%+ of the time and have for a year thanks to all the help I get from my local friends. We have regular get togethers at restaurants and potluck dinners at our houses. Feel free to join for bay area info!

Rebecca, we are on a roll! Have a great weekend:)

Thanks so much Johnny! It's usually the other way around with Oakland residents working in SF as i have for ages! I knew there had to be something out there. I'm hopping on FB right now to join.

• 4 weeks later...

then you must check out Ikaro's on Grand Avenue. during my last whole30 I had the Lamb Souvlakia with a salad, no dressing and lost my composure at the table. it was so good!! they use olive oil on the lamb i liked that they already had the olive oil and vinegar on the table.

update!!

I successfully completed the 1st whole30 on 12/22 with great results and i'm currently feeling awesome on day 3 of the second round. Since i last posted, I have talked to more people about itand thats mostly because as I continued to feel then see the changes in my body, I felt more confident takling about it. I also felt that i could explain the choice better after spending so much time reading through the blog and the forum. Best of all, this time around the Mr is doing it with me!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived