10/26 Start Date

KatieBohrer

That sounds great! I finished day 3. We went & stocked up & ended up going to family's house where they had pizza and homemade doughnuts but I just made sure I was prepared. The biggest thing I have found is making sure to eat enough so I'm not starving a couple hours later! Good luck on your first day & let me know how it went!

That's awesome that you passed up that stuff! I feel like major changes (especially to diet) are always hardest in the beginning, because you're fighting the momentum in your body and brain that encourages falling back into bad habits.  How did you prepare? Did you take snacks with you?

I made it through day 1 really smoothly. I cooked a bunch of pulled pork with my own spice rub, and I stocked up on veggies. I'm a big fan of broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, cabbage... Basically all the winter veggies, which is awesome for this time of year!

I'm just finishing up day 2, and it feels like more of a struggle. It's mostly mental, but I'm about to go to bed and feel like I'd really really like some sort of dessert, even if it's just fruit. I'm drinking some chamomile tea instead, which I think is a good substitute. I've always like the idea of being in the habit of having some herbal tea before bed...

How'd day 4 go for you?

So did you finish day 3? How are you feeling?! To be completely honest, I have it a bit of easier because my husband is a wonderful cook & it was normal that we would just eat some kind of meat & a veggie (Brussels sprouts are my fav!). My issue was always at work - I am a grazer & addicted to crackers & cereal. We had our work Halloween party today so for these things I have just made sure to have stuff on hand - tuna, carrots, roasted veggies - and it was way easier to pass up those things than I expected. I'm also slightly crazy & made sticky notes all over our house just as encouragement or on our pantry door, where our son's cereal & crackers are, notes reminding me that I will be disappointed & will feel like crap after. I also made a list of my why's, goals, & any obstacles I could think of & ways to overcome them so I keep that on hand. My hardest obstacle is the same as yours - habits! It's awesome that you love veggies - I think that makes it easier for us. But just as some encouragement, my pants are already looser, I don't have my normal afternoon slump falling asleep at my desk, hubby says he can tell in my face - and that is just 6 days so make sure to celebrate every little thing! I also remind myself that it is empowering to be doing this! Sorry so long! If you ever just want to text instead, my number is 701-334-6409. 

Hey Katie! So far I'm doing well. I haven't experienced many negative symptoms other than cravings for stuff that I know isn't on the plan (chocolate being a big one). The biggest struggle with those cravings, honestly, is making sure I don't go to some other approved food to try and make up for it. Not gonna lie, I've thought about eating a bunch of fruit to give me that sweet "fix" :) I have some cauliflower roasting in the oven right now, and I know it'll be so much better, but it's still a challenge!

Goals and whys are something I'm working on right now. Honestly, I bought the whole30 ebook last December with the goal of doing a January whole30. It's a little cliche, but still a worthy goal. Inevitably, I've consistently made excuses about why I can't stick with it for a month -- either I'm traveling for work, for fun, I have a friend in town, I don't want to be rude at a house party, I'm visiting my parents... The list goes on. I decided that I just have to start and stick to it, but I am a little worried about the two holiday weekends coming up and the trips I have planned with friends.

Texting totally works! My number is 267-294-1272. What time zone are you in? I don't want to be that weird girl who texts at odd hours of the day and night.

Archived