Anxiety - symptom of detox?

heathera

Anxiety. I am feeling so anxious ...sort of a nervous type feeling.

I don't have anything to be anxious about; I'm at work...no major issues going on...pretty happy in my life...exercising regularly.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something I am missing in my diet that could be causing this?

Anything I am missing here?

I experienced the same thing on my Whole30 - I chalked it up to my hormones getting sorted out after a long strain of unhealthy eating. I did feel much better as time went on - calmer, and more at peace (even though nothing was really wrong in the first place). I would give it more time and I think the anxious feeling will pass. Make sure you're getting enough healthy fats and starchy carbs too - that seemed to help with my all-over-the-place emotions. Good luck to you!

Adding some magnesium (a la Natural Calm) in the evening may help a bit. A paleo-type diet can tend to run low on that particular item.

This is my missing piece...I have a ton of food and exercise knowledge...and I am lacking in the supplement knowledge.

I'll be searching this out locally in the morning. Thank you!

You are feeling anxious because everybody is talking behind your back, and the powers that be are plotting against you. Oh wait I'm describing my own paranoid delusions....

Actually how's your sleep? And I know you said you are adding a yoga certification to your program... Overtraining can " jack you out of sorts". I get the same way sometimes.... Take a slow hike,listen to some good music ( I have an extensive collection of original Blue Note jazz artists on original vinyl for just such an occasion),read a stupid book instead of working out one or two days .... You'll be right as rain..... :)

You are feeling anxious because everybody is talking behind your back, and the powers that be are plotting against you. Oh wait I'm describing my own paranoid delusions....

Actually how's your sleep? And I know you said you are adding a yoga certification to your program... Overtraining can " jack you out of sorts". I get the same way sometimes.... Take a slow hike,listen to some good music ( I have an extensive collection of original Blue Note jazz artists on original vinyl for just such an occasion),read a stupid book instead of working out one or two days .... You'll be right as rain..... :)

HAHA...too funny. I am feeling a bit better this morning; have slept really well the past two nights, and actually I have put the yoga certification on hold until either January, or April. Based partly on your advice; I think it is a good idea to hold off on the yoga cert. until I finish Combat in February.

I like the advice of the music; books, and hiking... all are on my list of favorites...hahah ... I even have a ton of vinyl (although no player...and not quite the coveted jazz collection)...I probably need to invest in some cheesy paperbacks though...all my books (not packed away) are personal development related. I might just read this morning...and I'll wrap the 12-week Les Mills Pump program at the end of this week...so I'll have a couple of weeks of an easier training schedule before the first of the year. :)

Did I read somewhere that you are doing a whole 90? I am planning to go at least w60...how's that going for you? What made you decide to do 90? Have you ever done the reintroduction?

Well it seems like your doing everything right... Anxiety is one of those weird things I battle with occasionally ...rears its ugly head for no apparent reason.... I just suck it up, try to relax and pay attention to what may have triggered it.... It usually comes to me a few days after it has passed..kinda right in front of my face once my mind has cleared. I'm always analyzing and trying to find cause and effect, and that's when I screw up, better to let it go and then the answer comes....

Yes I'm shooting for a Whole90. Day 50 today.... I have been eating Paleo since June and got great results....main reason is my knee was giving out on me and X-ray / MRI showed degradation of cartilage .... Saw some top knee surgeons, actually on crutches for months... Conventional Medicine only wanted to drug,slice and dice. At the same time my BP was rising for no apparent reason, and my hormone panels were all messed up

I was holding a walking around weight of 275 and would trim back to 260 for fights/ testing.... So I figured that I just needed to sacrifice a ton of muscle and lighten the load.... Went a bit overboard and under ate. Just lean protein and veg for about five months. My knee felt a lot better , lighter but my BP was still stupid high and hormones out of whack.... Then I found ISWF, and I had the gut feeling that I was chronically,systemically, inflamed....... Two weeks into W30 my BP normalized. ( now its ~ 100/60). I can sprint and do 30 inch box jumps without even a twing in my knee.... I'm eating like a pig and the scale is dropping but it's all body fat ... 215 and not an ounce of fat anywhere....

So the inflammation is going away....I'm trying 90 to see if my stubborn hormones will level out...I'm working with a good MD now that believes is the proper food thing.... That's my story and I'm sticking to it :)

It might be from your hormones rebalancing. A few years ago I switched BC and suddenly started getting panic/anxiety attacks. Like I would be sitting at my desk and all of the sudden my heart would get racy and I would get this feeling like I needed to do something RIGHT NOW, but had no idea what that something was. Thought I was going nuts until I realized it started happening around the time I switched my BC. I switched to another one and within a few weeks they went away... haven't had one since (outside of actual panic...wedding planning brought on a lot of those >_o). Hope you feel better soon :D

It might be from your hormones rebalancing. A few years ago I switched BC and suddenly started getting panic/anxiety attacks. Like I would be sitting at my desk and all of the sudden my heart would get racy and I would get this feeling like I needed to do something RIGHT NOW, but had no idea what that something was. Thought I was going nuts until I realized it started happening around the time I switched my BC. I switched to another one and within a few weeks they went away... haven't had one since (outside of actual panic...wedding planning brought on a lot of those >_o). Hope you feel better soon :D

That is pretty much the symptom I have been having...racy heart...etc...only I am not on BC. I had an emergency hysterectomy about five years ago, and haven't had any issues since then; but I guess it could be hormonal. I am going to try the Natural Calm...and see if it helps...if not; then I will look into the hormonal thing. Thanks!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I think you're overthinking the program and worrying too much about missing something.

Eating Real Food is a simple concept to execute, once you finally wrap your head around it and figure out how to make it work for your family. Once you're done, you're _done_. It becomes old hat. Lots of type A folks (including myself) start overanalyzing every little thing, saying "that's it? NOW WHAT? What am I missing? There has to be SOMETHING!!! RIght??!"

There's rarely a single silver bullet. you COULD be low on Mg, and it's a good thing to add to your regimen anyway...but more than likely you just have a bunch of newly found energy that you don't know what to do with.

Just. Breathe.

Archived