Just Started Whole30

aqua2374

Hello everyone,

I'm just starting my Whole30 journey, just passed Day 1. A bit about me, I'm 6'5", about 220-230 pounds, and have always been "skinny fat" and embarrassed to take off my shirt in public. I cringe at my pictures, and feel like I'm starting to develop a double-chin...not the best look when I'm trying to date.

Lately, my career has taken off, I'm doing a lot more traveling than I used to, and with that, a lot more eating out, client lunches/dinners....and drinking. Now that I'm making more money than I ever thought I could at this age, I've been going out to eat a lot more on weekends.

What I've noticed lately though is after I eat some deep dish pizza with a bottle of wine, or even have 2-3 beers, I just FEEL like crap and want to go to bed. I've dieted before with success, but the entire process was torture and I was still eating sugar.

I'm sick of being this way so I'm trying this out. This was my Day 1 food schedule, let me know how I did!

Breakfast - Grapes, Banana, 1 Serving of "Source of Life" Energy Shake, Black Coffee (no caffeine)

Lunch - Large Chicken, Broccoli and Onion order from Chinese Restaurant (no MSG)

Dinner - Chipotle Salad Bowl w/Lettuce, Chicken/Steak/Barbacoa mix, diced tomatoes

Treat - Grapes

I don't really have a support system at all, so this will be tough, already told a couple buddies and my family who more or less crapped all over the idea of me eating healthier, so I appreciate your support.

Thanks!

Day 2...

Breakfast - Banana, Grapes, Black Coffee (no caffeine)

Lunch - Large Chicken, Broccoli and Onion order from Chinese Restaurant (no MSG)

Dinner - Cob Salad with lettuce, avacado, chicken, tomatoes, black olives

Treat - Banana (was hungry and craving food/something sweet)

*Jogged a mile late at night from a spurt of energy.

Day 3 (feeling groggy/like crap today...)

Lunch - 4 Eggs Over easy, 4 Sausage Links, Cup of diced Pineapple/Muskmelon 

Dinner - (Not there yet), planning on a starchy carb/potatoes, some kind of meat, probably Turkey or Chicken and vegetables. I'll probably hit up Boston Market.

I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know how I'm doing, by the way, I'm 27 years old. Thanks again!

• Moderators

You're going to get the best results if you make all your meals match the meal template, which you can download on this page:   https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/

Basically, eat a ton more vegetables, keep the fruit to not more than a couple of fist sized servings a day, and be sure every meal includes protein and fat.

You might also want to review the rules. It's pretty unusual to find any kind of protein powder, shake, or energy drink that is actually compliant, as most have soy or sweetener or are made with pea protein.

Day 4

Lunch - Went to a restaurant with coworkers, shish kebab place. Had 3 shrimp shish kebabs (only shrimp), steamed vegetables, few potato slices, small salad (mainly just lettuce). This meal was actually very good, kinda made me feel a bit guilty!

Dinner - Likely going to grab a small Chicken and Broccoli from the local Chinese place

Archived