Hello! Day 4 & craving carbs.

catmomFEMAmom

Hi! I'm Martha. I'm 42 and this is my first Whole30. I am on Day 4. My first few days were easy, and I assumed it was because I already had a fairly healthy diet. However, Day 4 has hit me pretty hard and I am craving carbs so bad!! Is this typical for Day 4? Or did I cause it by overexercising last night? (Workout 6 of my 10k training was a 4 miles...a 56 minute run/walk combo). Any advice or encouragement would be appreciated!

• Moderators

We can't give you too much advice because aside from 'already had a fairly healthy diet' you've not provided any information on what you've been eating.  If you would like directed help, please list out a few days of what you'e been eating including portion sizes related to the template, specific protein, fat, veggies and fruits, meal timing, snacks if any, pre and post workout etc...

Exercise, particularly strenuous calorie burning exercise, in my experience can really cause carb cravings. I used to do crossfit and when done I felt like I’d pass out if I didn’t eat a pile of mashed potatoes. What about eating a mini-meal with veggies protein and fat right after the run? Might help and you’re still on Whole30 so far as I can tell:)

Archived