I can't do avocado

I tried to eat avocado for the fat each meal and it just makes me want to vomit. I read it isn't good to have nuts every meal is it ok to have a nut butter for my fat every meal? I understand not to count the cooking fats but what I read in the book and online are different, once says nuts bad then one says they are best. Help!/

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, slc_melissa said:

Nuts/Nut butters are recommended as about a closed handful every other day.  Fat sources could include ghee, coconut products, olives/olive oil, fattier cuts of meat, tallow, etc.

Just to clarify, nuts are a closed handful every other day at most... I feel like using that metric for nut butters would be a bit much... ;)

So nuts for one meal every other day and no more then that? I don't eat olives and if I use oil or ghee for cooking don't I need more fat then that? Coconut flakes are the only edible fat I like out of the list and nut butters. I don't want to do the fats wrong trying to lose weight on this

• Moderators
52 minutes ago, jackis1086 said:

So nuts for one meal every other day and no more then that? I don't eat olives and if I use oil or ghee for cooking don't I need more fat then that? Coconut flakes are the only edible fat I like out of the list and nut butters. I don't want to do the fats wrong trying to lose weight on this

Yes, nuts and their products are meant to be limited because they are a poor fat choice (poorly omega 3:6 balanced) so you'd want to not go overboard.  Yes, you do need more fat than just the cooking fat. What about mayo, pesto, mayo based sauces etc... there are a lot of options that aren't just nuts or avocado.

Just a point about 'trying to lose weight on this'.  This is not a weight loss diet, it's an elimination program for 30 days to allow your gut to heal in order to test certain foods against a clean and healed system to see how they affect you.  Some people do lose weight doing this because the nature of it cuts out processed and fast foods and other Standard American Diet foods but there is no guarentee of weightloss and we really want you to focus on the other health benefits of doing this program rather than weightloss

Archived