Day 4. Struggling.

PuceMama

So Day 4 here. Already feel like I “cheated” bc on days 2 and 3 I was starving so had a couple handfuls of nuts. Does that mean I restart? I’m used to “brightline eating” which is super strict in terms of weighing food and not snacking AT ALL so I’m running around thinking I’m doing this wrong and sort of missing that I got through Halloween with NO chocolate. WTH?! Amazing. I’m all over the place. I’m sick too a little with a cold. Pretty sure it’s not a sugar deficit hangover since I’ve been of sugar and flour for over 30 day’s. And wondering how oh how I’m going to get through THANKSGIVING!  Anyone got any tips? Thanks!

You didn’t cheat, you can have nuts. My first time through I ate more than I ever had, and still did well. I think it says it in the Whole 30 book, that you can’t overeat when you’re eating the right food. For thanksgiving I’m making myself a baked potato instead of mashed, the turkey I’m doing myself so I can make that compliant. For desert I found a whole 30 compliant peach cobbler that is fantastic on Pinterest. Hang in there, I promise it’ll get better!

Thank you! I feel better now. It seems I can read whole30 but am still trying to find out how I messed up—maybe so I can justify a sabotage! Great ideas for thanksgiving. Interesting there’s a compliant peach cobbler. Will look. Thanks so much for taking the time to respond and encourage! Best to you!

• Moderators

There are lots of Whole30 Thanksgiving recipes around, just google Whole30 Thanksgiving. Here's a few to get you started:   https://whole30.com/2010/11/steal-this-meal-thanksgiving-part-iii/

http://whole9life.com/2010/11/steal-this-meal-thanksgiving-part-ii/

http://whole9life.com/2010/11/st-thanksgiving-part-i/

Keep in mind that desserts that recreate pies and cobblers aren't generally Whole30 compliant. As one of those articles I just linked mentioned, though, for a once a year celebration, there is a little bit of leeway. Do remember that sometimes when you have something sweet, it can cause you to crave more sweets. Really think about if that's worth it to you, or if you are happy not having cravings and prefer not to awaken that sugar dragon. You don't have to have dessert to celebrate.

This is my first time and I’m on day 4 also, have been snacking on cashews and almonds to get thru the afternoon at my desk. My tummy still feels bloated and as sick as always so was wondering if I am overdoing it on the nuts.  Mindless stress snacking is a prob for me so it prob doesn’t help to just think of something else to snack on... 

• Moderators
34 minutes ago, Stephtopo said:

This is my first time and I’m on day 4 also, have been snacking on cashews and almonds to get thru the afternoon at my desk. My tummy still feels bloated and as sick as always so was wondering if I am overdoing it on the nuts.  Mindless stress snacking is a prob for me so it prob doesn’t help to just think of something else to snack on... 

Nuts can definitely cause bloating. 

If you're hungry between meals, have a mini meal with protein, fat, and vegetables, or at least two of the three. You could keep hard boiled eggs, chopped carrots or celery, and snack packs of olives or guacamole in the fridge, or pouches of tuna or salmon in a desk drawer in case you get hungry.

If you're not hungry, find something else to distract yourself. Get up and walk around, go outside for a few minutes, go refill your water bottle, stand up and stretch. 

Archived