Whole30 Beginner

hannabanana94

My name is Hanna and this will be my first (real) time trying the Whole30! A couple months ago I tentatively decided to start but just skip the alcohol rule... which led to a drunk night of munchies, ending my trial run only five days in. Tomorrow, I'm giving 100% to the program. I had been considering it since my first failure and I decided it's now or never. After finishing college, I moved back home and have been out of control for the past couple months, food-wise. They say there's the "college freshman fifteen" but they should really add that there's the "moving home post-grad and eating all mom's great good and dad's late night treats twenty-five." Don't get me wrong, I am beyond grateful that my parents opened their home up to me while I save money to move away and start paying off student loans, but my diet has been completely off-whack. It's going to be extremely difficult to try to complete this month by myself in a house of four others who, although they are all healthy, don't have the same nutrition problems as I do. I have always struggled with my weight, body image, and relationship with food, and after a weird stomach infection senior year of high school, I developed several food allergies and sensitivities. This forum will be a helpful way to find a community also going through this life changing process. So after that long drawn out introduction, if anyone has any tips for being a single Whole30 go-er in a big household, please respond! Good luck to anyone starting or in the process of the Whole30 this month!!!

I like you am the only Whole 30 in my home, so I designated one cupboard just for me. That way I don’t have a reason to get into the other cupboards, and my go to food is easily accessible. Hope that’s helpful, good luck this week! 

HB94 -

Welcome to the group!  I'm on day 16 and am in a house with two others.  I have a small cupboard as my pantry and most of my stuff is in the fridge.  My kitchen is non-compliant but I am not tempted by any of the loaded closet pantry or others fridge stuff.  My great achievement so far is not making daily trips to the store for subs, chips, candy, beer - not even tempted as my snacking and T2 sugars are under control.

For best success, keep it simple starting out and don't get overwhelmed with recipes.  Focus on doing your best each day and not worry about the days ahead.

Great idea to make your own pantry!  I had gotten out of control with eating because the food was there!  I work in a doctors office and there are always temptations--candy at the front desk, snacks brought in by drug reps etc.  Mu husband is skinny and can eat whatever and as much as he wants. He won't understand this no dairy, no sweets thing, but i know he'll be supportive. 

Archived