Day 19–Where is the tiger blood?

Jpoolman

Breakfast--Typically sweet potatoes, sausage, sautéed spinach, and some avocado. 

Lunch--Typically either a salad with protein and fat, or a soup with protein and fat and veg. 

Dinner--Typically a protein, green veggies like broccoli, salad, or slaw, with a fat and two mandarins. Sometimes I include potatoes some days not.

I have to eat a late lunch at work, so if I can't wait until lunch I have a tbsp of Nutzo to get me through.

Not drinking coffee-just two cups black tea in the A.M. I take 1 teaspoon natural calm at night. I drink at least 72 ounces of water a day and I have a cup of herbal tea in the afternoon. I go to bed between 9pm-9:20pm, and get up about 5:10am to workout (typically walking, weights, or yoga). I've been working about at least 3-4 days but I was sick for about three days (cold), and did not workout for a week. 

I'm wondering if my issue is nightshades, as I have been occasionally eating tomatoes, I use pepper on most things, and I've been eating either chili or another soup with tomatoes. I also think my cold has made a lasting impact on my energy, and stomach. @slc_melissa

I should also add, I never feel hungry, and I feel like I'm eating enough. The only time I get hungry is when I've eaten breakfast at 7:45am and am waiting to eat lunch until 1:30pm. Some days I can make it and some days I can't and have the tbsp of nut butter.

• Moderators

It's hard to say -- nightshades could be the problem, here's an article with more about them:  https://www.thepaleomom.com/what-are-nightshades/  If you do feel like they're the issue, you'll need to eliminate them, and would probably notice improvement in a few days.

Your meals look okay, and if they're keeping you satisfied 4-5 hours at a time, you're good there, although you do just mention that you add fat to meals, and don't specify what fat -- nuts and seeds cause digestive issues for many people, so if you're using them (and nut butters, nut flours, or other nut products) every day, maybe leave them out for a while and see if that helps.

Archived