First Whole30 Started November 1

HockeyMom9

Hi Everyone!

I started on November 1 (yesterday).  Yesterday I was irritable, and today I feel so tired.  I have a mild headache in the back of my head.  I think I might go grab a little bit of black coffee and see if that helps.  I am really excited and scared at the same time.  I think my biggest challenge will be dinners and weekends.  Also, time!  Time to plan, time to cook, time...to just relax and take time for me.  As you can see by my name I am a hockey mom, so we are constantly on the go.  For this first week I have my breakfasts and lunches made.  I also made a bone broth - yum!  I will be researching more recipe ideas, specifically ones that the meal can last a few days.

HM9 -

Hang in there!  I've had a few tired days in the past 16, but most days are energetic.  I prefer to keep it simple with meals and not get overwhelmed with recipes, cooking mostly on stove top and grilling.  Also, when I make a dinner, I make enough foe the next day's lunch.  Try to keep it simple starting out and when you get into the rhythm, you'll find the time. 

Hi,

i just joined this online Whole30 and started November 1 too. I am a now a cancer survivor and the book, It Starts With Food, was recommended by one of my doctors. I started reading it Monday and decided since there are 30 days in November I would go for it. It was suggested by the doctor; my husband join me too, Technically he hasn’t started - he has been drinking green but it has added sweeteners... I had a stressful day yesterday so thought my headache might be from that, but as I see questions about headaches it makes me wonder. Going to try and keep with this. Followed a recipe for chicken from book and it was very tasty and easy to make. I have to yet finish the book, but still wanted to start. I hope this is a good decision!

Archived