Day 25 and some concerns

jadore43210

Hey everyone,

Somehow I've reached Day 25 and I couldn't be happier! There have been some things that I can imagine could have gone better during my Whole30, but many obstacles came up, and I'm happy that I still managed to stick to the Whole30 to my knowledge. 

So tomorrow is Day 26. I've been skating on Tiger Blood for at least a week now. It's not exactly as wonderfully sky-high amazing as I was hoping, but I definitely have a lot more energy than usual. I feel more productive during the day. I don't need coffee to be productive or energetic. I've noticed my skin clearing up a bit and my nails have gotten really strong and haven't chipped at all (a problem I had been having). My main issue and reason for starting all of this was major stomach issues that I had been having with going to the bathroom so many times in a day, being very bloated and gassy and not being able to get through the day comfortably. After going on the Whole30, I have not gone to the bathroom nearly as much, my bloating is virtually gone (I didn't even realize how bloated I was before!). 

I'm getting kind of concerned to go off the Whole30. I've enjoyed how it's made me feel so much that it makes all the prepping and cooking totally worth it! I know I need to go off the Whole30 and carefully go through the reintroduction phase to see what had really been bothering my stomach, but I'm afraid to get back to old habits of emotional eating and just not caring about what I put into my body. I'm an all-or-nothing person, which is why the Whole30 has been working so well for me. What if I can't eat things in moderation? Also, I'm a bit concerned that I will not have lost any weight. This was not a main motive for doing the Whole30, but it was an incentive. Any thoughts or encouragement are appreciated!

-Sarah

I know what you mean about moderation, I'm usually 'go big or go home' with food.  I have two mental pictures of myself; pre W30 and on W30.  PRE includes the limitations I had resigned to, while ON includes the new opportunities I've found while moving forward.  I'm hoping these two pictures will help carry me thru post re-intro.

Thank you. It helps to know that there are other people going through this! Yes I've also been thinking of my pre-Whole30 self as well and hoping that I don't revert back to that. I know this isn't sustainable long-term, but I intend to use many of the same recipes and heavily limit my sugar intake. 

@jadore43210 Why go off?  Look in this forum for all of the folks who are on Whole 40's, 60's and more. If you're beginning to feel so much better, maybe just keep going to see how much better it gets.   I'm also not good at "moderation"...but a lot of that comes from those subtle (and not-so-subtle ) food addictions that are mostly on their way out at the end of 30 days.  You may feel even stronger and more clear about how to begin some food re-intro if you give yourself a little more time "on".  Re-intoduction time is still a fairly "scripted" part of the Whole30 journey.  Stay focused during that and don't just "fall off a cliff" because 30 days is up...Best of Luck to you !!  (-:

Archived