New Today!

Jorda

Hi! This is Day 1!

I have some questions about the meal plan. Maybe I haven't found it yet, but all I've read is basically animal protein, lots of veggies, some healthy fat. I am so used to more structure (even though I wasn't necessarily compliant with it). And I'm a huge grazer: 6 or 7 small meals, beginning at 6am and going till 10pm. THAT will be the hardest for me--eating MEALS. So this morning I made scrambled eggs with peppers and onions, opened a can of plain beets and had about half of it, and ate a tomato with salt and pepper. It was a lot of food, for me, but I want to try to last till lunch.

So can anyone share where fruit fits in? Or link me to something? How much can I have? What is "some" animal protein vs. "a lot of" veggies? Or is that the point--to not make a lot of rules but rather follow general guidelines as they work for your life?

So glad this community is here!

Oh, btw, in case you're curious, I'm the white lady in the picture. The Korean woman is a travel buddy.

• Moderators

Hi, Jorda -- there are several helpful downloads here: https://whole30.com/pdf-downloads/  -- in particular, download the meal template, it'll tell you what your meals should look like. It's just a one-page pdf file, not anything huge.

Once you've reviewed that, if you have specific questions about it, please post them.

Hi Jorda! Welcome to the forums.... 

The template will probably be helpful, but for your breakfast, it looks like you are definitely on the right track. You might need a little more fat to keep you satisfied for a few hours if you are used to eating several times a day. I have grown really fond of ghee, and so I will usually cook my eggs in some fat and then drizzle some ghee on it as well. If you poke around the threads you will find tons of wonderful information! 

Happy First Whole30!

Missi

Thanks, Missi! So far today I've been forcing this quantity of food down. This many veggies is a LOT lol. But I even made it through a potluck today! All i could eat were the turkey meatballs with coconut milk gravy that I brought, and an undressed green salad. But I filled up on those. And I passed on the Moscato, sigh! I expect when my body figures out, Hey! What happened to all the carbs? I'll start to want more to eat.

It’s different for everyone, so your body might not require as much food, or it may change here and there. Initially you definitely need to eat to make sure you are getting enough calories. I really believe that our bodies adapt so incredibly that when we move to a nutrient dense diet, it takes a little time to get re-adjusted. 

Welcome to day 2! 

Missi

Archived