Starting tomorrow (AHH!)

Alexa Gabrielle

I'm a 27 year old teacher in Ontario, Canada. I've done many different "body reset diets". I know what is good for me, but I have terrible will-power when I haven't fully committed to something. Staff rooms can be the worst for cravings and "cookie grabs" on the way to the photocopy machine. 

I am DETERMINED to reset my body because lately I've been hitting all the all you can eat sushi buffet way too much, and shawarma and I are good buds. Enough is enough. I'm doin' it! 

It starts tomorrow: Nov. 6. PUMPED!

I am a teacher/instructor at a college - I am starting tomorrow too!  I really can use support and am wiling to offer support for all of you too!  Here we go to resetting our bodies.  I signed up for the daily email.  That looks like a good resource.

Hi all! I'm not a teacher but I'm an SLP and I work in the schools so I understand the staff room struggles! I'm starting 11/6 as well. I hope we can be a good support for each other. I've done a few elimination diets and haven't been successful past week 3. Here's hoping this support will get me through the Whole30! 

K everyone. Day five for me. It’s been going really well until about last night. Parent teacher interviews had me home about 8:45pm. Principal ordered Chinese food for the staff to which I declined (nothing short of a miracle) and ate my compliant Chili. I went straight for a shower, then bed and all I could think about was sinking my teeth into a Big Mac. With the weekend  coming up in about 8 hours... I’m worried. None of my friends are doing the whole 30 but we usually always get together for drinks or food. Help! What are your tips? How’s your whole 30 going??

Hey everyone,  I started yesterday, but I was wondering if I could jump in on this thread.  I work really long hours in an office, so the staff room/break room struggle is very real here.  They're a big part of why I am doing this.  Friday morning bagels were very tough for me to walk past today, and I'm only on Day 2.  

Hi Everyone,

I couldn't find my way back to this site - whew - here you are.  This is day 9 and wondering how you made it through the weekend Alexa.  Congrats on eating your chili instead of Chinese.  Congrats Christine on controlling your path through the break room.

What has really been helping me as a supportive resource is the daily newsletter that you can sign up for with a cost of $15.  It comes each morning at about 2:00 am my time and gives all kinds of tips and what you should watch for at this point in the 30 days and such.  At the very end it  has two links - one says "I made Day 8 of the Whole30" and it takes you to a short celebratory video or quote.  The other says "I didn't make it, I need to start over." And luckily, I have not had to use that link.  

Anyway, I wondered if anyone else found that resource.  I really look forward to it each day.  Once you have purchased it, you may use it again for $5.00.  Great support resource.

Hey, I was wondering if I could ask for some advice.  My family eats dinner together 1-2 nights a week, and I come from a culture where restrictive diets are frowned on.  So I haven't told them and I spend family dinner hiding the fact that I am not eating rice or yogurt.  Has anyone dealt with something like this?

Wow - that sounds tough cc_boston.  I come from a big family and food is really important to our gatherings as well.  I also think of last Thanksgiving when I was trying a restrictive diet yet I hosted everyone - I was able to find a compliant meal while dishing up.  I find that my family doesn't analyze what I put on my plate so I just can make my choices of the meat and the meals are usually potluck so I make sure I bring something or somethings that are compliant for me - green salad with a compliant salad dressing (been making the Asian and vinaigrette salad dressings out of the W30 book).  I hope that helps and I hope you still can enjoy that time with your family.

Have a great day everyone.

8 hours ago, aje_aje said:

Wow - that sounds tough cc_boston.  I come from a big family and food is really important to our gatherings as well.  I also think of last Thanksgiving when I was trying a restrictive diet yet I hosted everyone - I was able to find a compliant meal while dishing up.  I find that my family doesn't analyze what I put on my plate so I just can make my choices of the meat and the meals are usually potluck so I make sure I bring something or somethings that are compliant for me - green salad with a compliant salad dressing (been making the Asian and vinaigrette salad dressings out of the W30 book).  I hope that helps and I hope you still can enjoy that time with your family.

Have a great day everyone.

Thanks for the advice aje_aje.  It's a big advantage that I know what is in all the recipes, so I can request stuff like fish and stay away from pasta.

Just want to celebrate a little victory:  some coworkers and I went out to celebrate a birthday to a place with great beer and bar food.  I was able to stick to soda water with lime and had the kitchen make me a green salad with some salmon cooked in olive oil.  I was dripping with envy, but I did not cave!

Archived