SWYPO - deviled eggs and other things

msmirnio

Me too!!!! I just worked a grueling 14 hr day and didn't eat nearly enough.... I think I might just bath in ghee to soak it up.... Ewwwwwe. Never mind...

Lol. My favorite thing to do with ghee is to slather it all over a whole pastured chicken. It smells so good as it roasts.

A trick to peeling hard boiled eggs. I agree that fresh eggs are harder to peel. I put my hard boiled eggs in a stainless bowl and run

cold water on them until absolutely cool. Then drain and bounce them around in the bowl. It seems to crack them perfectly for peeling.

I start at either the top or bottom and when the sun and moon are aligned, it all peels off almost in one piece.

I made deviled eggs tonight before I even saw this post! I experimented a little and they were delicious. I used homemade mayo, smoked paprika, dijon mustard, white wine vinegar, and...drumroll...crumbled bacon! Does everyone know that trick? I don't often make these so it was news to me and it was amazing.

Also...I mangled half my eggs trying to peel them and I did some googling and found this...wonder if it works?? http://www.fourhourw...ithout-peeling/

Johnny, I steam them and never have issues with peeling them. I will seriously never go back. Here is what I do and the peels slide right off (even with very fresh eggs):

Bring a pot of water + 1 tbsp baking soda to boil.

Fill steamer basket with eggs.

Place basket on top of pot and put a lid on it.

Steam for 12 minutes (large eggs)

Submerge steamed eggs in ice cold water.

Peel.

• 2 months later...

Hey, I thought deviled eggs had mayo...I guess you could use a whole thirty mayo recipe. I think I remember reading about one in the book. Otherwise, it shouldn't be part of your whole 30.

By the way, how bad is it if you inadvertently eat something not on the plan? Like at a restaurant, if the vegetables are sauteed in regular butter? Does it blow the whole deal?

Hey, I thought deviled eggs had mayo...I guess you could use a whole thirty mayo recipe. I think I remember reading about one in the book. Otherwise, it shouldn't be part of your whole 30.

By the way, how bad is it if you inadvertently eat something not on the plan? Like at a restaurant, if the vegetables are sauteed in regular butter? Does it blow the whole deal?

I would not have survived my whole30 without my homemade mayo! You can definitely have deviled eggs with that!

Also...I mangled half my eggs trying to peel them and I did some googling and found this...wonder if it works?? http://www.fourhourw...ithout-peeling/

Johnny, we recently learned to put our eggs in a steamer basket for about a minute longer than the time that we would boil them. We peel them while warm/hot and it has been miraculous. I think it helps to sort of crush the shell all the way around. I should give my husband credit, actually. No more fighting the battle between little skin-membrane and shell.

I made a lot of mistakes on my Whole30, including eating vegetables sauteed in butter. They are not part of the plan, and yes, they blow the whole deal. The question is what do you make of that? Whole30 for me wasn't about 30 days, it was about changing my cooking and eating habits. So I didn't bother restarting for any mistakes, but neither did I complain about not getting expected results, because I knew I didn't follow the plan perfectly. I have learned to cook and eat compliant food now, and that was my goal. I actually eat better meals now (5 months later) than I did during that first 30 days. But if your goal is to say you did a Whole30 and got XX results from those 30 days, and then you go eat something sauteed in butter, then you need to start over.

Archived