So, I keep kosher. Very kosher. So, my meat has to be marked with kosher symbols referred to as hechshers for those that do not know. So, I see many recipes that have bacon as a part of them. And, we do have kosher bacons (or facons, as the case may be). Does anyone know of any compliant kosher bacons on the market? I would really love some help on this one.  And, if there is not, what can I use in place of it in certain recipes?

• Moderators

People have found beef bacon and turkey bacon that is Whole30  compliant, but I'm not sure how easily you'll find some that's both compliant and kosher, you'd really just have to read labels or talk to a butcher.

On the plus side, you can totally do Whole30 with no bacon at all. In recipes, it's probably for a salty crunchy accent, so you might sub almonds or other nuts. Or leave it out, or find other recipes that don't use it. 

To some degree it is fun to look at new recipes and try new things, but it can be a lot easier to look at the things you usually eat and figure out how to make them work with Whole30. If you have favorite foods, if you Google whole30 plus that food, you'll probably find some recipes.

Archived