Hi, my name is Kecia and I’m new.

Kecia

Hello. My name is Kecia and my fiancé Reg, and I are at the end of  Day 4. It’s been challenging, but not impossible. We’ve been trying different ways of eating over the last several months and seeking to improve our health (vegan, juicing, herbs, etc.), and feel and look our best. I have a close friend who started this program in March and has had INCREDIBLE success, so he’s agreed to be a sort of coach for us, and it’s been  good so far. We had 2 days in, and had to re-start because a cooking oil we were using wasn’t  compliant. We were disappointed to have lost those 2 days in, but my friend said it was better than being 2 weeks in and having to start over. We agreed. Looking forward to learning from this forum, and being successful. Thanks for reading.

Welcome Kecia! It's so helpful to have someone do it with you. I think it will make you and Reg closer, too, to have worked on it together. Have you found that with the other lifestyle changes you've tried?  Hope the rest of your 30 goes well!

Thank you for your response Jenney. Yes, Reg and I implementing our lifestyle changes together has been wonderful. We keep each other accountable and motivated, and I think because of that it hasn’t been a struggle. How long have you been doing Whole30? Any tips for a newbie?

I'm only on Day 18 of my very first time, but it's going really well! My husband and eight of my kids aren't doing it with me, so my house is *not* cleaned out of contraband. I've got ice cream, tortilla chips, cheese, bourbon, you name it--if it's not allowed, I've probably got it in my pantry! Not to mention that I'm cooking for them all the time. Tonight I made them chicken and cheese enchiladas!

On the bright side, my oldest daughter is doing it, too, so we eat dinner together every night after she gets home from school. It's so good to have someone supportive in the house! Also bright side: the tiger blood is real.

I love to cook, so my tip would be to explore the awesome foods you get to eat; don't focus on what you can't have. This is my excuse to eat steak every day! And try lots of vegetable dishes. There are some really good ones on the Whole 30 Recipes Instagram.

Hope you and Reg are doing well! Day Six--you're 20% through!

Archived