Non-scale Victories Along the Way

eRenee

This is my 4th attempt at completing a whole 30 over the past 3 years, and the first time I have felt confident enough that I can actually finish it out to day 30! I know that this is in large part due to support at home and online, preparation, and will power, but the non-scale victories certainly help give me some encouragement as well! I'm currently on Day 16, and thought I would list a few things I have noticed in the first half of my journey.

- After a few days of bloating around the end of the first week, my digestion is completely regulated! This hasn't happened for me in about 8 years!

- I'm consistently waking up a full hour before my alarm with tons of energy!

- I haven't craved ice cream (which was a staple ~3-4x/wk pre-W30) in a solid 5 days.

- The reason I've never completed a whole 30 always boiled down to not being able to make it through my busy time at work. This time I started during my busiest couple weeks of the quarter, and I have been able to find other ways to deal with my stress besides a glass of wine and a bowl of ice cream.

- I'm not tempted to get on the scale. I feel solid about my body without it.

- Finally, this morning I was able to comfortably button a pair of jeans 2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing 2 weeks ago!

I'm excited to see what the next two weeks holds! Please feel free to reply with your non-scale victories! I'd love to see the amazing results others are experiencing! 

Archived