starting during the holidays

ShastaMarie

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, ShastaMarie said:

Hello,I  want to start this program now but I am worried that I will have trouble during the holidays. I am already committed to cooking for Thanksgiving . Should I wait or just go for it

the best bet for success is to try and find some time that you have 30 days relatively free and clear plus days at the end to do reintroduction.  Starting during the holidays is okay and lots of people do it but it will be significantly harder to learn new ways of eating and to cut out foods when tradition rears its head and social eating is the foundation of a lot of the holiday get togethers.  Ultimately it's up to you tho.

48 minutes ago, ShastaMarie said:

Hello,I  want to start this program now but I am worried that I will have trouble during the holidays. I am already committed to cooking for Thanksgiving . Should I wait or just go for it

Personally, I would wait until after the holidays.  I've always found that the hardest part of the program was the social aspect of having to turn down food, make allowances during parties, say no to a toast or social drink, not eat a favorite cookie or the thing you only see once a year.  I couldn't imagine a harder time of year to try this than between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I think it would be great to read all you can about the program, and start making compliant meals as often as you can.  If you start on Jan 1st, you would have tons of support on the forums (which I found to be a big help) and very little of the holiday stress that revolves around food and drink.

Archived